Loader makes strange hissing sound

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #1  

RMatty

Tractor
BX 2350
Hey everyone just got a new LA243 loader on my 3yr. old BX2350 today but Im thinking I might have a problem with it. After warming up and using the tractor, when I bring the loader down from a up position it sounds like ahissing or air escaping from a vent only on the right side of the tractor mainly in the lines. There is no leaks and will do it even when the tractor is off. Another thing that worries me is I check the Hyd. fluid after I shut off the machine and it filled with tiny air bubbles. All the power seems to be there when I was using it today but not sure if this is normal. Is it fluid running out of the cylinder when bringing the loader down? The dealer is sending a mechanic in the a.m. to take a look at it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #2  
Air can get in a smaller whole then oil can come out!

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #3  
Hey everyone just got a new LA243 loader on my 3yr. old BX2350 today but Im thinking I might have a problem with it. After warming up and using the tractor, when I bring the loader down from a up position it sounds like ahissing or air escaping from a vent only on the right side of the tractor mainly in the lines. There is no leaks and will do it even when the tractor is off. Another thing that worries me is I check the Hyd. fluid after I shut off the machine and it filled with tiny air bubbles. All the power seems to be there when I was using it today but not sure if this is normal. Is it fluid running out of the cylinder when bringing the loader down? The dealer is sending a mechanic in the a.m. to take a look at it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Loaders make a sort of hissing sound when you let the arms fall under gravity alone, by pushing the loader control all the way forward past the detent position into the "float" position. so you are not powering down but "floating down" are you doing that? there are 2 positions in the loader contol foward direction powered and float.. the sound is not real loud, but maybe this is what you are hearing?

James K0UA

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound
I hear the sound when in float and when im powering down the arms also.

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #5  
Well all hydraulics make some sound, but I am not there to know what you are hearing, so let them look at it and go from there.

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #6  

You have a pair of starved hydraulic cylinders.

You need to just bide your time and use the
loader and the air bubbles will eventually be
gone and then no worries.

It hoovers of course but they apparently did
not bother to run the loader and add oil
or fill the cylinders before hand.

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound #7  
IMHO the hissing sound you hear is normal. My 2000 model M4900/LA1002 makes that sound. It's oil passing through an orifice. If oil wasn't regulated then when loader valve was moved forward into ether down or float position the bucket would immediately fall to the ground ie not go slowly down.

/ Loader makes strange hissing sound
Thats exactly what the mechanic said toady. Better safe than sorry I guess.