L2185 Snow Blower Works!

/ L2185 Snow Blower Works! #11  
Forgot to tell you, I also have the L2185A (72") blower. Have had it since 2004 and love it. I use grade 2 bolts for shear pins. I used grade 5 for a little while but sometimes the #60HD chain broke instead of the shear pin. A real bummer when your 5 miles from your shop!!

/ L2185 Snow Blower Works!
Jayhawk714,

Swapping between the blower and FEL is a simple process and the quick attach frame does not impede the use of the FEL. There is nothing special to remove the snow blower and switch to the loader.

The quick attach frame can be left in place with the loader, but ground clearance is somewhat limited. During the winter it is common for me to switch between the loader (mostly for fork use) and snow blower. Now that the snow has passed, I have removed the subframe as I need the ground clearance.

The bottom line It is simple to swap between blower & FEL use and no special adjustments are needed. Just follow the standard procedure to remove the snow blower as you do now.

Last edited:
   / L2185 Snow Blower Works! #13  
I know on my GL40 you can have the subframe on and use the FEL. The only issue is the part of the subframe that sticks out in front of the tractor often gets in the way. If moving a pile of snow back I often find that I've packed snow into that part of the subframe. On more than one occasion it has actually picked into dirt. If you don't have a heated shop to let it melt or don't remove it it'll freeze and just be that much harder to remove.

Jayhawk714,

If purchasing the FEL you might want to consider the quick detach bucket option even if you do not currently need it. It is very handy when changing between bucket and pallet forks.

The front grill guard used with the FEL can not be used with the snow blower unless it is modified. Some folks swap between grill protection and the quick hitch mount. Currently I am not using the grill guard, but will be modifying it so both the grill guard and quick hitch mount can be mounted simultaneously along with the snowblower. See post for details - http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/195824-need-help-front-mount-snow.html I only mention this as an awareness and not to scare anyone.

/ L2185 Snow Blower Works! #17  
I realize your post is old but im trying to set up my kubota 3710 with a 72" snowblower and the dealers are telling me the tractor is to small. I believe your 3130 is about 6 HP less than the 3710. Does it handle the snow OK and did you have to buy a factory mount or did you convert a mount from another tractor. I have found a 2185 locally but the mount is not the same one that would fit my tractor. Any info would be appeciated

JCYR,

I'm very happy witht he 72" wide blower and have not had any horsepower issues with it. With hydrostatic it is easy to adjust the proper ground speed. The subframe was the one recommended for the L-30 series tractors. It originally came off a larger tractor L4x30 series, so I just had to use a different driveshaft from the mid-pto. The subframe is made to accomodate the various wheelbases within this tractor series.

Good luck.