Antifreeze leak

/ Antifreeze leak #1  

Wldbill89

Tractor
Kubota L3700su
I just got a new L3700SU a week ago, it has 5.5hrs on it, yesterday I noticed one drop of antifreeze on pulley below the water pump. Has any had this problem, if I have to take it back to the dealer it is a 220 mile round trip, plus a full day off of work to take it, and the same thing to pick it up. Any suggestions?

/ Antifreeze leak #2  
Look around real good and be sure you don't have a loose clamp. If the water pump is leaking call the dealer. Leaks can be funny things. The fan can blow things around, coolant can follow surfaces, and sometimes they are not obvious.

/ Antifreeze leak #3  
I would look at the bottom of the water pump if accessible, the way it sounds it may be the culprit. If it is wet, dry off and run to see if comes again. Hope this helps.

/ Antifreeze leak #4  
It's not overflow is it? It's possible the dealer filled the radiator a little too full and some extra is leaking out. I don't have a 3700 but does it have an overflow tank? Does it look possible that any overflow could have gotten there?

/ Antifreeze leak
The tractor does have an overflow, but the drop of antifreeze was not anywhere near it, it was directly below the water pump, I did not notice it when I first got the tractor.

/ Antifreeze leak #6  
The dealer should be willing to transport the machine at no cost to you.
Although I would try to locate the leak in order to point the dealer in the correct direction.

/ Antifreeze leak #7  
My BX-25 had a minor coolant leak where the radiator hose meets the water pump that began before the machine had 10 hours on it. Tightening the clamp helped for awhile, but then the leak returned. I ended up removing the hose to check for debris or hose damage. I didn't find any, but I wiped down the interior of the hose and the pump outlet really good before putting them back on the tractor. No leaks since then.

/ Antifreeze leak #8  
If it was actually one single drop, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Keep your eye on things and see if it returns.

/ Antifreeze leak #9  
Clean everything and keep a close eye on it to see if you can determine were it is coming from. I would call your dealer and let him know whats going on sense he will be doing the warranty work if any needs to be done.

/ Antifreeze leak #10  
I have a similar problem, found a leak that I thought was coming from the rear top of the engine, this was months ago, kept looking and thought it was the top rad hose where it entered the engine, cleaned and tightened clamp, seemed to go away only for a few more drops a week later, kept looking finally used a powerful light to examine the rad area from both sides, hard to see anything in front, too many coolers, pipes etc but looking from the fan side I could see antifreeze in the rad fins, the plastic shroud surrounding the fan was greasy with antifreeze and dust, looking at the top I could see antifreeze surrounding the rad completely where the cap meets the fins, the outlet to the hose feeding the engine is about 1/4 inch above this area, I hope the hose clamp was not tight enough or the cap released antifreeze when it allows antifreeze to go to the overflow tank, there may have been too much in the rad when I got it and since I don't use the tractor too much it is taking a long time to equalize, or the hose clamp may have been too loose, I notice the tank level is at the lowest level mark, and when I remove the rad cap the rad is full to the very top, actually spilled a little, I have left it alone and place cloths on the floor, about 2 drops a day fall, but I should have blown out the rad fins to clear the antifreeze that was already there, I'll take it out and drive it a bit, blow out the rad or maybe the fan will suck it out , does anyone know the pressure for the rad cap, mine has 6 but no other markings, psig ? I'll check back later to see if anyone has ideas.
God bless all

NOTE: I forgot to include this link, very good information, Kubota Servicing 101: Part 3 ? Cooling System | OrangeTractorTalks

Hope this is OK.

Jim

Last edited: