BX 2200 Cheap Cab

/ BX 2200 Cheap Cab #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I installed a golf cart cover on my BX 2200 yesterday, this is the finished product, rear view. Total cost $125.00. Not tested yet, waiting for snow, but I think it will keep the snow off me.

Attachments

• 2-219134-rearend.jpg
    2-219134-rearend.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 7,123
   / BX 2200 Cheap Cab
This is the frame I made up with some ¾ inch copper tubing. I put a ½ “ plywood top on the ROPS and secured it with 2 – ¼ bolts to a rear light bracket. In the front I attached it to the tubing with 2 –1/4 bolts. I did not want to drill any holes in the tractor. This is a front view before the cover was added.

Attachments

• 2-219136-frontnocover.jpg
    2-219136-frontnocover.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 3,118
   / BX 2200 Cheap Cab
This is the right side of the cooper-tubing frame. On the FEL Kubota has cut a hole in the bracket. I put a large washed and a ¼ “ bolt with a nut trough the hole to hold the cooper tubing onto the tractor.

Attachments

• 2-219137-leftside1.jpg
    2-219137-leftside1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,313
   / BX 2200 Cheap Cab
This is the other side, I just used plastic tie wrap to hold the copper tubing in place.

Attachments

• 2-219138-rightside1.jpg
    2-219138-rightside1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,993
   / BX 2200 Cheap Cab
This is a close up of the roof. I added a plastic cover to protect the sharp plywood edge from cutting the vinyl cover. I picked the plastic cover up at my local Ace Hardware store. It is one inch tubing that is cut on one side to bundle wires. It worked great, I just pushed it on and it stayed in place.

Attachments

• 2-219139-roofcloseup.jpg
    2-219139-roofcloseup.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,146
   / BX 2200 Cheap Cab
I did not want to cut the cover, and it is too long, so I used paper clips to hold the rolled up plastic to the edge of the frame. They look like they may hold OK, any other suggestions to secure the vinyl?. I have to relocate the lights to the outside of the cover. I was thinking the best way would was to burn a hole through the plastic instead of cutting it? I was going to heat up a piece of copper tubing and then push it trough the vinyl, think that will work?

Regards

Tom

/ BX 2200 Cheap Cab #8  
Looks like it will keep the snow off you.Don't know about making a hole in the plastic with a piece of hot copper pipe,but if I was to do it that way have a wet rag close by so it won't burn more than what you want.May look ulgy where the burn holes are too.Too bad to make a mess of a good looking project.Alot cheaper than $1900.Was surprize to see your blower green.Mine is red.I guess they paint them any color,like many companies do.I took my blower off again.I'm hauling some wood with my cheap Wal-Mart trailer.Suppose to snow Christmas day.Merry Christmas to you and your family.

/ BX 2200 Cheap Cab #9  
Looks good to me,and I hope it keeps the breeze off your knees,and the snow off your back. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ BX 2200 Cheap Cab #10  
Hi,A bolt hole punch from a gasget making set should work fine.You can get the punches in many sizes.