Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #1  

Robert6401

Bronze Member
I am about to pull the trigger on some pallet forks for my QA loader on my L2800. I am real excited to finally get some because I have wanted them since I got the tractor and they were the reason I paid extra for the QA loader. I have ideas in my mind about the kind of things that they can be used for, but I was thinking that you guys can probably give me a lot of suggestions as well. So let me hear what you use your forks for!

Also, any suggestions on forks to purchase is greatly appreciated. And while I appreciate the ingenuity and resourcefulness of the guys that build their own, I am not going that route so please don't worry with trying to convince me to build my own.

THANKS!

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #2  
I've been shopping for forks also. Do you have the Kubota Quick Coupler or the SkidSteer? If you have the SkidSteer, you have lots of options. If you have the Kubota like me; I found Kubota forks which for my B3300/LA504 were over $1000. Then there is Construction Attachments for around $800 (the price my tractor dealer quoted me and again for my 504 loader) and there is Horst Welding for around $850 through my dealer.

After seeing those prices, I decided to order some forks and the slider bars from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and build my own. Good luck in your search.

I'll be using mine mostly for general lifting of things that would otherwise break my back and with some fork extensions I will make, to haul brush while cleaning up in the woods.

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800
Yeah, I have the standard skidsteer QA. I am leaning towards the Construction Attachments model with 1800lb capacity and 42" forks. Any opinions on these?

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #4  
You might look at HLA Attachments / Horst , HD37B0500 3700# . They also make other models . This is what I bought from my dealer , when I bought my tractor . I use them frequently at my store . They are nice and well built .:thumbsup:

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #5  
With the SkidSteer type hookup you have LOTS of choices. Either the Horst or CA would serve you well. From the research I did they both seem to be well made. If it means anything to you the CA are made in the USA.

Everything Attachments (I think they are a site sponsor here on TBN) sells Bradco and CA:

Tractor Pallet Forks Quick Attach

Yeah, I am emailing back and forth with someone from Everything Attachments about which of those two would better serve my purposes. Here is the email I just sent, maybe y'all can provide some input:

My main concern is turning a compost pile with the forks. If I were able to add another fork or two it would turn the pile much more easily. The Bradco model doesn't use the shaft mounting system. Would it be more versatile in this regard? I always end up just pushing the compost pile around with the bucket. I know that there are attachments called "manure forks" that would be ideal for this purpose, but I need the forks for other uses and am hoping to be able to use it for the compost pile as well. Thanks for all of your help!

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #7  
Yeah, I am emailing back and forth with someone from Everything Attachments about which of those two would better serve my purposes. Here is the email I just sent, maybe y'all can provide some input:

My main concern is turning a compost pile with the forks. If I were able to add another fork or two it would turn the pile much more easily. The Bradco model doesn't use the shaft mounting system. Would it be more versatile in this regard? I always end up just pushing the compost pile around with the bucket. I know that there are attachments called "manure forks" that would be ideal for this purpose, but I need the forks for other uses and am hoping to be able to use it for the compost pile as well. Thanks for all of your help!
I just rototill my compost pile to mix things together and aerate.

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #8  
Construction Attachments 42" Compact Tractor loader Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42

I bought these... Very light (250lbs) but not light duty. I am impressed with build quality.

You would have to ask everything attachments if you could buy more tines

I know if you wanted you could easily weld up some extra tines

jmanatee,

I am glad to hear you are please with the CA brand forks. I am leaning in that direction. FYI, I was told that adding forks/tines is not reccomended.

/ Purchasing QA pallet forks for my L2800 #10  
If you buy the type with the round tube then I don't think you can add/remove forks because there is no way to get them on and off. You need to have the flat slide bar type, then you could add an extra fork or two. One other suggestion, if you do decide to get the round tube type, make sure and get a non floating fork type. With floating type, if you try to dump something off the forks using the forward tilt of your loader, the forks just swing and stay pretty level.

Take for example this one:

Construction Attachments, X-Treme Duty, Skid Steer, Skidsteer, CAL, Standard Frame, Regular Lift, Pallet Forks 1PF, Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach

See the notch in the bottom rail, that is where you remove/replace the forks.