Missing ROP bolts

/ Missing ROP bolts #1  

rarvesen

We have a new L3200. To me, it looks like bolts are missing that attach the ROP to the tractor. I attached a photo that shows the possible missing bolt (same on both sides). I plan to contact the dealer, but wanted to check with others also, do you have a bolt in that location?

Attachments

• rop-bolt.jpg
    rop-bolt.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 326
   / Missing ROP bolts #2  
Sure does look like a bolt is missing whether or not it is for the ROPS. It does look to me like the missing bolt may stop forward/backward movement of ROPS ( as in backward flip ) for reinforcement .

/ Missing ROP bolts #3  
Be sure to use grade 8 bolts. That is the only type i have seen in rops. this is the strongest available.It looks like it was not put in...

/ Missing ROP bolts #4  
Looks like you need one of those special bolts that threads it's way through 3 misaligned holes. I'm surprised the fender isn't flapping around, it looks like that's the main thing it's supporting.

/ Missing ROP bolts #5  
My Left fender vibrates so hard it is cracked..I need to adda bracket to stop it.

/ Missing ROP bolts #7  
Be sure to use grade 8 bolts. That is the only type i have seen in rops. this is the strongest available.It looks like it was not put in...

Actually Class 10.9 metric fasteners are stronger than Grade 8 and probably what goes there for the ROPs. There are even Class 12.9 stronger yet...:thumbsup:

/ Missing ROP bolts #8  
I think that bolt is for the fender support, not the ROPS. Note there are three at different heights, so the fender height can be adjusted (mostly likely due to tire selection).
The sheet metal of the fender would crumple in a rollover, thus not providing any support.

/ Missing ROP bolts #9  
I would order the correct ROPS bolts from Kubota, just to be sure you get what they spec'ed for it.

/ Missing ROP bolts #10  
I think that bolt is for the fender support, not the ROPS. Note there are three at different heights, so the fender height can be adjusted (mostly likely due to tire selection)...
I'll have to look at my L2800 to see if there are 3 holes, makes sense for the different tires that can be used.