B2320/2620

/ B2320/2620 #1  

GSmith4965

Bronze Member
I will likely purchase either a b2320 or b2620 in the next two weeks. Can anyone comment if the difference in power/capability of the 2620 a significant increase over the 2320?

thanks

/ B2320/2620 #2  
I will likely purchase either a b2320 or b2620 in the next two weeks. Can anyone comment if the difference in power/capability of the 2620 a significant increase over the 2320?

thanks

The PTO hp is the thing, I'd say. If you have an implement that requires the power, you need it. Some say the 26 hp model is the middle of the road, sweet spot, of the 20 series.

I'd have bought either, but my needs don't have a particular PTO requirement. The B2320 operates all my implements including my rear finish mower without breaking a sweat. Honestly? If your dealer happens to have one or the other on his lot and can make a far better deal on it? That's is often the case.

/ B2320/2620 #3  
You get a slighter stronger loader with the 2620 but the other differences are minor.

/ B2320/2620 #4  
I believe the 2620 is slightly larger in physical size, that may make a small difference in perceived power with extra traction or something. I'd just look closely at both....and I suspect either one might work very well for you.

/ B2320/2620 #5  
I believe the 2620 is slightly larger in physical size, that may make a small difference in perceived power with extra traction or something. I'd just look closely at both....and I suspect either one might work very well for you.

An inch longer.:D:D:D Kinda hard to actually see it.

BTW, all in the series comes with the same size R4 wheels/tires. There is a difference in the Ags/turfs, it seems.

The hydraulic pump power is the same on all the 20's. The loader itself is slightly larger capacity on the 26 and 29. Why Kubota messes with spec-ing out two different loaders within a three tractor series is really hard to fathom. Kubota is known for having a mind-boggling array of models with minutia in differentiation. Some say far too many. Shrug.

Again, bottom line, for me, would be which of the three the dealer has on his lot and is willing to push out the door, at the best deal. If you need more tractor than a 20 series, you can always consider looking up at the larger B deluxe series or even the L series. Only there will you find telescoping lower arms on the 3 pt and nice features like position control, if you need them.

/ B2320/2620 #6  
Well....... looks like everyone has it covered. I'd spend the extra money if you plan on using PTO HP robbing implements, such as a snowblower, tiller, or brush chipper. Otherwise, you'll probably never notice the difference.

/ B2320/2620 #7  
Can't beat the advice given on the two models mentioned.

My personal preference having given serious consideration to them all and researching for months, I would step up to the Bxx30 Series for the features mentioned by bpfick.

As it turns out, for me at least, the "one tractors does it all" didn't work, so I use a BX and Grand L.

/ B2320/2620 #8  
An inch longer.:D:D:D Kinda hard to actually see it.

True enough, but it's also 4" wider, a couple of inches taller and about 150# heavier. I always thought that's why they spec'd 2 loaders, the heavier framed 2620 had more something. Side by side, I can see the difference. None of that really matters, I guess, as long as the OP looks at both. I'm not pimping for one over the other, just describing some of the differences I saw.

/ B2320/2620 #9  
The specs kubota gives are for the ag tires which are differant but turfs and r-4 tires are the same for all three.The differance is only listed as 77 lbs differance, which could be the differant tires and differant engine block.

/ B2320/2620
Great advice from all. (as usual). Thank you

Good point brought up. Can the larger loader be had on the 2320. With similar hyd pumps, i would think it would come down to better performance from larger hyd cylinders on the shlightly larger loader and of course if the larger loader will fit on the 2320