B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers?

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi,

I know a couple people in here have spacers on the rear wheels of their B27/2910s...

TractorSmart.com told me they have no knowledge of such an animal for the B2910.

Is there a Kubota wheel spacer? Or are they after market items?

I would hesitate to use them if they might void my waranty.

What is the story on wheel spacers for the B2910?

I just would like to have a little more clearance for my chains. I have a half inch or so...but would rather have an inch or more!

Appreciate any pointers/info/advice!

Happy Holidays!

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers? #2  
Bill
Check out this thread. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=68534&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>CLICK HERE</A> If you want a set you will have to find someone to make them. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers?
WOW!

ASk and you will receive!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I do have 2-link chains on my R4s, with enough clearance to get by...so I guess I am fortunate that 2-link were the only type available...did not realize the clearance issue when buying the chains. Never entered my mind.

Thanks Ron...everything I could have thought to ask is in that thread!

Merry Christmas to all...

Bill

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers? #4  
Excuse my ignorance, but it appears that all these spacers do is move the wheels out a little bit. My B7500 has several mount points in the axles that accomplish the same thing. The dealer delivered it with the wheels on one of the middle settings (outside dimensions of the rear wheels with R4 tires is 54". Looks like by moving to the next one out, I would increase the width by about 4" (to 58"), or ~~2" per setting.

Does the B2910 not have this feature?

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers? #5  
Hi all,
I just installed rear 2 link ladder style chains on my B2710 with R4 12.4 -16 tires and have no clearance problems. I got them from my dealer. He only reccommended rear chains stating clearence issues up front with the R4's. I paid more $$ than tirechains.com, but when I saw them I knew why. These are heavy duty large link chains. In between a typical turf tire chain and a true commercial use chain. The cross chains can swivel and you can remove/replace a cross chain with out any tools. They fit great.

Decided to get the chains after sliding/free falling 1/2 way down my very steep 320 foot driveway on the last storm here in central Mass! Glare ice under the snow. This was the first time in 2 seasons I had difficulty. Trying to get the tractor up the hill in 4WD no way. I ended up putting on the rear Herd sander and backing up with the rear diff locked.

We have a good storm coming Christmas day and can't wait to try out the chains.

Barnett

/ B2910 Rear Wheel Spacers? #6  
GlueGuy
The 27-2910 tractors only have the flange that is shown in the left picture. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif The only way to move wheel out is to add a spacer or get a wheel with a different offset. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif