Backhoe Cracked plate on dipper stick.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #31  
LD1 No . No matter how you try you cant get the bucket to hit the boom. I have carried rocks with my bucket sandwiched to the main boom and not even come close to causing that kind of damage. A few surface scratches but that was pretty bad. I would guess that took some pretty good force.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #32  
I still dont agree that a dent of that size in the main boom was caused by something bouncing around in transport.

It clearly looks like someone in the past used it to lift something by sandwiching it between the bucket and main boom and crushed it that way.

Another question though, and maybe some other BH65 owners can verify or not, is it possible to make the bucket teeth hit the main boom like that if you retract the dipperstick all the way but dont have the bucket curled all the way up??

I know on dads 4500 (50 year old hoe), you can do this. But who knows if it is an origional size bucket or not. If it is possible, it looks like the middle tooth of the bucket could have been forced into the main boom and caused the dent????

I think it could have been from the quick hitch that was in the bucket during shipping. To cause a dent like that would not be easy though.

mcanik I think you are right to wait until they come out. No point going off the handle just yet, after all you may find your dealer will step up and fix the problem (I believe they will if they are a good dealer) and any working yourself up would just be a waste of time.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #33  
I think it could have been from the quick hitch that was in the bucket during shipping. To cause a dent like that would not be easy though.

mcanik I think you are right to wait until they come out. No point going off the handle just yet, after all you may find your dealer will step up and fix the problem (I believe they will if they are a good dealer) and any working yourself up would just be a waste of time.

The only way I think it could have been caused by the QH in the bucket is if the delivery guy "pinched" it in there with the bucket hydraulics.

I think that there is NO way that could have been caused by it just "bouncing" around.

Some scratched paint, probabally. But a dent that size in the main boom doesnt happen just by a bounce or two.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #34  
Mcanik, that rust didn't happen during delivery in the last 2 weeks. That's been out in the elements for at least a year, I'd think, and it was either not painted adequately or it had some kind of use or handling that took the paint off. Should have at least been repaired before selling it to you. The dent and cracked welds may have been a more recent event, but you are right in calmly waiting until you can discuss a replacement unit. There will come a time for you to blow your stack, but don't have a coniption until it's time. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Ditto!!!

That IS NOT fresh damage. I'd be raising all kinds of ****. I would be very weary about a dealer that would pull a stunt like that!:mad:

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #35  
Ditto!!!

That IS NOT fresh damage. I'd be raising all kinds of ****. I would be very weary about a dealer that would pull a stunt like that!:mad:

Even if the damage was done before it was shipped there's no way of knowing if the dealer knew it and set it out in hopes of dumping it off or if a teenager at the dealership connected up the BH and either didn't notice or didn't care.

How would you react if someone flew off the handle at you when you were unaware of something? I know I would still do what I had to so I made it right but I would be much more willing to go that extra mile for a customer who gave me the chance to make it right before uncalled for words got said.

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick.
He will be here in a bit. Talked to him last night and he said he will make it right. Will keep you posted. On another note, Can't wait to get my 54" mower today!

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick.
Had a nice visit by the dealership owner/sales rep today. It was very nice of him to drive 600km to deliver in person my mower. Very nice unit as well. As for the backhoe unit, I told him that repair isn't an option on a new piece of equipment so he is more than happy to replace the whole attachment. Will have it replaced in 3 weeks. I have to make the trip anyway, so I will deliver it and pick up the new one.:thumbsup: Kudos to a dealer with integrity!

/ Cracked plate on dipper stick. #38  
Had a nice visit by the dealership owner/sales rep today. It was very nice of him to drive 600km to deliver in person my mower. Very nice unit as well. As for the backhoe unit, I told him that repair isn't an option on a new piece of equipment so he is more than happy to replace the whole attachment. Will have it replaced in 3 weeks. I have to make the trip anyway, so I will deliver it and pick up the new one.:thumbsup: Kudos to a dealer with integrity!

Glad it worked out for you.

That is a dealer to keep right there. Just remember things like this if/when you go to make your next purchase.