Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22

Default BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit

Just talked with my dealer regarding a grass catcher for my BX22, and he said I need to buy a conversion kit because kubota only makes one type of BX grass catcher and in order to fit it to an older model like mine, I need the conversion kit. Bottom line is that the total cost with boot and conversion kit is $2300.

Anybody out there have any experience with the conversion kit? Is it a bear to install? and is the price reasonable?

Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Tractorless :(

Default Re: BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit

Quote Originally Posted by bellweather View Post
    $2300.... is the price reasonable?
    You must really really really want to catch grass bad.

Ian
    Everlast PowerArc200

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Once in a while they do show up on Craigs list. May check other dealers in the area. Had one out here last month for $300. May also look at the Trac Vac or Cyclone rake if you need larger capacity.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    You must really really really want to catch grass bad.

Ian
    I have leaves in the fall. Without a grass catcher I don't know what I would do. It is a really nice way of cleaning up without another motor, another pull behind, etc. I aslo use the catcher in the spring when I dethatch. Occasionally in the summer if things get away from me, otherwise clippings go into the grass. I got mine used at a dealer a number of years ago. I guess $1250 was a steal.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Tractorless :(

Quote Originally Posted by dennisgw View Post
    I have leaves in the fall. Without a grass catcher I don't know what I would do..
    You'd rake the leaves. A good rake costs about $20.

Ian
    Everlast PowerArc200

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I didn't like my bagger. The "fused in place" top link was such a bear to get connected and disconnected: so much pressure on the pin I had to hammer it out with a sledge, and impossible to get the alignment straight when trying to attach. I sold it to another TBN member and put a mulch kit on the MMM. Now I don't have to empty the bagger, don't have to fertilize the lawn anymore since the mulched blades return the nutrients to the soil, and don't have the bagger taking up storage space.

But then again, I have very few deciduous trees in the lawn area. Good luck with your search!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Ian

That's funny right there! I love being outdoors, and doing yard work, cutting firewood , etc. But...... man I HATE raking leaves !!!! Some type of collection system is high on my want list for me B3030.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Ian
    You're a better man than me ...oak woods all around, and about an acre to keep clear. Have to vacuum multiple times...if leaves build up and get wet, even my Echo PB400 blower can't move 'em...plus windrow would be over 6' high before I got to woods line. Dumping's a pain...would love one of those French baggers kubota doesn't sell in US. Putting it on also a pain, 'till you get hang of it. Still glad I bought it...

Regarding OP's Q...mine came with parts to put it on models without BH subframe...didn't appear to be difficult install. As for price...I think they're high, and never see them on sale. Best bet pricewise is to find used from someone who doesn't like his...
    John

BX24-loaded R4s/60" MMM/rear bagger/arm rests, Woods RCC42, 3PT Splitter, TuffTop, Bro-Tek skidplates/thumb/ripper, BXpanded forks/bag, American Solutions grapple, Berlon mini-toothbar, home-made ROPS lights...more to come...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22

Thanks for the replies. Yes a rake is cheaper, in fact I already own a few, but life is short and with all the deciduous trees on my property, it really really really consumes a lot of my time. So yes I really really really want to find a way to reduce the overall effort and time required for lawn mowing and fall cleanup.

Based on what I'm hearing the price may be on the high side and the gadget is not exactly user-friendly. Still those who own them mostly seem to like them. I do check CL but it's such a specialty item that I'm not so hopeful.

Any further thoughts are welcome. Thanks again...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

Ian
    Let's see now. $20 for the rake, I charge myself $40/hr x 6 hrs/rake x 10 times/leaf season x 30 yrs.... That catcher was paid for years ago.......

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast