b3200 roll over tip over

/ b3200 roll over tip over #1  

nra4ever

Tractor
b3200
So I rolled my 3200 over yesterday. did not have my belt on and i jumped off as it went over. first thing i did was to shut it off because it was still running. tried to get it back up with my rtv 500 and that was a no go. then tried with my honda pilot and still nothing. had to call a tow truck. in about 10 min or less and $120 later the b3200 was back up. $100 for the filp and $20 tip.

went to started it up and the engine was locked up tight. i had read before that if it wont turn over after a tip over then you have to take the glow plugs out. i never had a diesel before so i took out what looked like spark plugs on the top of the engine.

on mine there are 4 plugs on top that also carry the fuel. i removed the fuel line then took the plugs out. i made sure to keep everthing grouped together from the same cylinder. i figured why turn it by hand when i can just use the key. well i found out why.

when i cranked it with the key fuel shot all over the place. since the inside was already covered why stop so i kept giving it short cranks until it was dry. one thing to watch out for on this method is when i pulled the plugs there was still a copper washer and a little metal cup under it that was still in the hole. i did not pull them out because i figured there was no need. well the short cranks launched the copper washer and metal cups out of all the cylinders. took me a while to find them all.

once it was dry put it all back togther and still would not start. it would now turn over but would not start. turned out when i put the fuel line on i forgot to tighten the line on top of the plugs. once i tightened the lines up it started up.

i drove it over to the pavement to change the oil because the oil was way over full must have had fuel in with the oil. used a fram ph3593A. after the oil change it was back to work.

hope this can help the next person that has this problem.

Attachments

• IMAG0212.jpg
    IMAG0212.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 1,407
   / b3200 roll over tip over #2  
Wow .. That must of been scary
Thanks for letting us know how you got her going again :thumbsup:

/ b3200 roll over tip over #3  
Boy, that's a brand new tractor judging from how clean the bottom is!

As the property appears pretty level, why did it roll?

/ b3200 roll over tip over
not the best camera angle. i was backing out of a valley with a full bucket. as i was backing up she slide sideways and i did not get the bucket down to try to stop the tip and she went over. it only has 40 hours on it. glad me and the tractor are both ok. i just looked on ebay and it seems that what i thought were glow plugs are infact fuel injectors. seems like i took the hard route. oh well.

/ b3200 roll over tip over #5  
As long as you learned something from the incident, all is OK.

Glad you didn't get hurt, and tractor is OK.

/ b3200 roll over tip over #6  
We sure are glad you are not hurt, and hopefully no more than just a little skinned paint on the tractor. I kinda figured by looking at that bucket position, it was up pretty high. For newbies reading this, when you move with something in the bucket, keep it low as possible, especially if you turn or a wheel drops in as little as a small depression in the ground, thats when the "fun" begins. I have raised one wheel myself by turning too fast on a bad angle with a load, even with the bucket held low. Loaded tires help, by putting weight down low, but nothing beats constant vigilance and keeping that bucket as close to the ground as you can get it.

James K0UA

/ b3200 roll over tip over #7  
Talking to a tech at a local Kubota dealer this past week, he said start-ups after a roll-over are the number one problem with new Kubota's.....usually bending at least one pushrod/valve.....sometimes BIG Trouble......

Sounds like you dodged a bullet trying to restart WITHOUT pulling the injectors....:ashamed:

/ b3200 roll over tip over #8  
Maybe Kubota can post this picture to show off the underside of there tractor its a great view of it. I sure hope I never get to see that side of my b3200. Glad you did not get hurt.
Rob

/ b3200 roll over tip over #9  
nothing beats constant vigilance and keeping that bucket as close to the ground as you can get it.

+1 Had exactly the same thought. The ground in the photo is uneven enough to be a concern if the bucket were too high. Also, that backhoe boom raises the COG, so it's even more unstable. Don't want to be the safety police, but, nra, you know you dodged a big bullet this time. You were lucky to jump clear without getting hit by the FEL, the BH or the ROPS. From now on, wear the seatbelt and hang on. Too many - maybe most - of the farmers back in the day who tried jumping off didn't make it.

Glad all is well with nra and the new tractor.

/ b3200 roll over tip over #10  
You know, if you want to check out the underside of your new tractor, I suggest just getting on a creeper and rolling underneath. :laughing:

Glad you weren't hurt. Accidents do happen, but these machines are fairly stable. I live on a mountain property, with more sloping land than flat, and have yet to even get a tire off the ground in 300 hours on this machine and another 50 on a couple of rentals on this property. May be because way back in my early 20's, I picked up the entire back end of a Yanmar 3 feet off the ground after picking up a boulder in the FEL that was apparently a bit too heavy. :eek:

Also, if you live on fairly level ground, I could see not having your guard up for all of your seat time the same way I have to living on hilly/sloping land.

As has been mentioned, keep your bucket, both loaded AND unloaded, as low to the ground as possible given the conditions, as that is what will cause a tipover more than most anything else. If you have to raise the bucket high to clear an obstacle, do it nice and slow and then drop the bucket as soon as you clear the obstacle.

I'm sure you've learned your lesson and should have many years of "butt-pucker free" tractoring ahead. ;)