Heavy Duty Top Link installed on L2800...

/ Heavy Duty Top Link installed on L2800... #1  

teg

Tractor
s
I was not going to post this mainly because I don't think kubota sell them anymore. Heavy Duty Top Links were to help support the tractor's top link when using a 3ph backhoe (before they had a sub-frame). kubota figured out that they had to have the sub-frame and this became obsolete.

I bought mine in the old days of the (really) jerky 3 point hitch. I was lifting very heavy loads and thought that sooner or later the top link would not be able to handle the shock loads... I finally had my valves replaced so I didn't install it. Since I just got hydraulic top link (5 years later), I thought... why not install it.

One side note, if a few of you can look under the seat area and see what condition your hydraulic breather tube is in... it might help others. I think mine was made out of the same crap (rubber) that the return hose was made of (cracking/falling apart). The tube was split and not on the breather hole. The hole had a plug of grass (who knows what else was sucked in there). Just a heads up.

Photos... There were only 4 bolts under the seat, I add two more. I bought all new bolts that were 1/4" longer and used Blue Lock Tight on them. I welded the old 3 point brackets onto the top link. Last photo is the location of the breather valve, I don't have a photo of the split/cracked one - I used the end tip of the old one shoved into a fuel line hose. (just a heads up... the seat is removed in the last photo)

/ Heavy Duty Top Link installed on L2800... #2  
Looks good, I have been thinking about installing the heavy duty top link bracket on my B3200 if I can find one. I'm going to be running a post driver on mine so I figure the extra weight/jarring isn't good for it.