3-Point Hitch 3 pt not lifting?

/ 3 pt not lifting? #1  

RHemmer

Tractor
Kubota b2400
I own a 1997 Kubota b2400 and was plowing snow this afternoon when the 3pt stopped lifting? I checked the valve that controls the rate of decent but that is fine. No growling noise from valve been worked.... just silence. I can manually move the arms by hand. Anybody got a idea where to start tracking this problem down?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
   / 3 pt not lifting? #2  
Did it slow down or did it just quit?

Any different noises, momentarily?

Your blade is on the three point hitch??

/ 3 pt not lifting?
No slowing down that I am aware of, and nothing with any different sounds. It is a back blade off the 3pt. The level of fluid was check and changed with in the last 2 hrs of tractor operation. This model tractor is hydrostatic tranny and that works fine. Thanks for your reply.

/ 3 pt not lifting? #4  
Sounds like your lever is in the full down position (float). perhaps the lever has come loose at the transmission connection. Looks like it's pinned or set screwed from what I can see on mine..

/ 3 pt not lifting? #5  
Hmmmm, "fluid was changed" 2 hours prior of having a problem

Could the strainer screen be clogged? Could there be some sort of air bubble in the system? I thought u had to cycle the three point lever several times to bleed the system after changing hyd fluid??

/ 3 pt not lifting?
When I changed the fluid I did take out and clean the screen,it was pretty dirty. I have used the 3 pt several times prior this happening, worked perfect until this. I am going to double check that a pin/set screw hasnt come loose on the lever. Thanks for your input!!