Valve stem protection

/ Valve stem protection #1  

General Lee

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, L4400, BX1870
I have been noticing on a lot of the recent pics of tractors members are posting that the valve stems aren't protected with the little steel surround. My 09' B3200 has them and thank goodness they do because of the work I have been doing with mine. Just curious if Kubota has stopped installing them?

/ Valve stem protection #2  
It depends on the type of tires you order. The R4's on the 2620 had them, but my bar/turfs and the turfs that were on a 2920 did not. One thing is for sure, if your rims do not have them, don't risk your life by welding them on with the tire mounted.

/ Valve stem protection #3  
It depends on the type of tires you order. The R4's on the 2620 had them, but my bar/turfs and the turfs that were on a 2920 did not. One thing is for sure, if your rims do not have them, don't risk your life by welding them on with the tire mounted.

FWIW, my 2011 B2620 also has them on the rims that came with my R4 tires.

/ Valve stem protection #4  
Evil must be right. My B3300 with R1s does not have the protectors. Wish it did. Kind of funny some of the design decisions.

/ Valve stem protection #5  
i have a L3800 with ag tires and they dont have them this week end i was brush cuttting and the next mornimg i had an air less rear tire would be nice if they did