What Is This Part???

/ What Is This Part??? #1  

SmokemanGRP

Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
When configuring my L3800 on the Kubota website I saw they had an option for a Drawbar Clevis for $65. I thought that was a bit pricey but decided at the last minute to have my dealer add it. What he delivered isn't what I expected but he swears it is a clevis.

Does anyone know what this part is? It looks like a drawbar extension for a hitch ball but when I match up the bolts and holes (2 different sizes) with the drawbar this thing points forward, not to the rear.

I'm confused.

Attachments

• Drawbar Clevis.JPG
    Drawbar Clevis.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,275
   / What Is This Part??? #2  
With that bolted to the draw bar, it makes a clevis that when you drop a pin through it, that pin will pass through the draw bar and capture what ever is between the two... KennyV

/ What Is This Part??? #3  
With that bolted to the draw bar, it makes a clevis that when you drop a pin through it, that pin will pass through the draw bar and capture what ever is between the two... KennyV

Right on the money !

/ What Is This Part??? #5  
Return it for a full refund. I think some European trailers etc. have tongues that require the tractor to have a clevis type hitch. I doubt you fit into that category, and the dealer should know this. If he wants to sell things by trial and error, let him eat the cost of his error.

/ What Is This Part???
Thanks guys, I see what you mean. I think I will return it. I just wanted a standard U shaped clevis with a pin that I could pass a chain thru.

/ What Is This Part??? #8  
That is a Clevis HITCH..... A fair price, it's Kubota gray too. You use a Clevis Pin to attach a Clevis Hitch.... Anytime you have a part and need info, and if you know the name go to Google... Images... type in name and you'll see many pics and it's an educational experience.
'