Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I posted earlier about my Iowa Farms flat toothbar and how much I liked it. I do like, but I lost 2 teeth over the weekend. They broke off at the welds. I emailed Iowa Farms about this and am waiting to hear back. Not real happy about this. I found one of the teeth, but the other one is MIA. If I can find both of them I can weld them back on, but they shouldn't have broke off like that. I never had this happen before with a tooth bar.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #2  
Maybe that is the disadvantage of the flat style. I've used and abused the one I have and they are still straight and all there but mine is the style with the bar inside the bucket.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar
I heard back from Iowa Farms about this issue and they told me that a salesperson would contact me. A few hours later, a person called called me from WR Long and asked me what happened. I told him and he is going to send me out another tooth bar. Very nice guy. He feels that the weld may have not penetrated enough when they welded the teeth on. I hope that was the case. I really like the flat tooth bar, I just hope it holds up. They do take a good amount of abuse and should be designed to hold up to that I would think. This ever happen to anyone else?

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #4  
WR Long flat toothbar here...abused, and never any issues....

Maybe a novice welder??

Deano

That's good to hear that you haven't had any issue's. I htnk you may be right. I really like the tooth bar and hopefully got a badly welded one.

WR Long flat toothbar here...abused, and never any issues....

Maybe a novice welder??

Deano

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #6  
I also have an older WRlong flat tooth bar. No problems with it. Bad welds no doubt.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #7  
I have seen better welds than theirs.
I have broke off two teeth so far but I myself can not blame W.R. Long for how I abuse the toothbar. It is a small toothbar made for my small toy tractor.
I pry out large rocks, ledge, and tree roots using only one tooth and prying with enough force to lift the rear tires.

I just fire up the stick welder and fixed it although my weld is deeper and stronger than theirs was.

Requardless, I would own no other brand toothbar.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #8  
I abused my WR Long toothbar this past weekend without problem. I don't think yours is a brand issue - more of a welder issue (no penetration) could have happened to any vendor based on the skill of the welder.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #9  
Do you have any pictures of the welds? Making me a little nerves I love mine but haven't used it much. Makes judge different.

I'll take some pictures and post them for you iplumb.