Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #1  

Rockgod

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD X380 Accel 48" Deep Deck
Thought I'd start this thread as a reference for those who might be thinking about this. First let me state the obvious, it's expensive! At least for me. I just got back from the dealership with a nice $1954 bill.

I'd recommend getting this done when you're making your deal. I believe you could save quite a bit. As I understand it, they had to remove the loader, right hand main frame, sub frame, right hand rear tire (Filled) then install the kit. Then of course put everything back together. Here's the breakdown...

Third Function Kit w/freight and tax. $1023.62. Labor was $636.00 Pick up and drop off $159.00. The rest was misc. Grand total $1953.14...

The tractor is still at the dealership so I don't have photos just yet. I did look it over and it does look very professional. Mostly steel lines 90% or so and the couplers are mounted on the boom close to the bucket :thumbsup:

I may or may not be crazy, you be the judge :laughing:

Detailed photos to follow:

Last edited:
   / Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #2  
Did you get just one or did you get two extra valves?

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit
Did you get just one or did you get two extra valves?

I had two sets of rear remotes on the tractor already. This is the 3rd function valve (two lines) that gets operated from the joystick.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #4  
Was this a WR Long third function kit for running something from the loader?

MarkV

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit
Was this a WR Long third function kit for running something from the loader?

MarkV

It's the factory (Kubota) kit. Everything is factory :thumbsup:

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #6  
I purchased my L4240 Jan.2008,had the third function installed Sept.2008
valve........$779.00
labor........$242.28
pick-up.....$125.00
total...$1146.28
I guess things have gone up!
I like my dealer..he has been more than fair;I have purchased two tractors and $5,000 worth of implements from him.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #7  
Here's the Kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my L4240. The dealer installed it before delivery last year. It works great, no problems so far.

Attachments

• 3rd Function valve & controls.jpg
    3rd Function valve & controls.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 3rd Function connections.jpg
    3rd Function connections.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,254
   / Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #8  
when i was trying to make a deal on a Kubots cab tractor a few months back, the quote for the 3rd valve was $1,200 as best as i can remember. plus they wanted 1,300 for 2 rear ports.

he stated the obvious alternative,...add 2 hoses from rear port to set of quick connects on front of loader, and save about $900 off of combined totals.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #9  
Just bought a L5740 HTSC (hasn't been delivered yet) and the option was about $850. Always a little less up front. I learned that after I bought my L4330.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #10  
Here's the Kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my L4240. The dealer installed it before delivery last year. It works great, no problems so far.

What's the white button on the lever? I thought someone had said it was a second valve. Is that box with the "no step" on the side of your tractor for the quick disconnects?