Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger?

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #1  

mooch

I have a L3430 with fel. I love it but have in the past felt I would like more power (rear tires are filled) and with fel [la723] full of stone going up hill it would be nice, but it worked ok. I am going to get a bh, probably the 9ft kubota, my dealer said my tractor would be ok with it. Would I be better off with trading for a 50hp L series with fel and bh? I dont really want to spend that much money but also I dont want to feel like I should have in a year or two.

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #2  
Hi Mooch, there isn't any reason you can't run a BH on the L3430. I have had a 21hp tractor for years that has done a great deal of backhoe work. I also so have a 39hp tractor that does it better. I believe what you really need to look at is what you want to do. If you can better define your backhoe needs you will get better advice for your situation.

MarkV

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #3  
I sounds like your desire for a larger tractor is not because of the backhoe yet but a shortage of power for your hills!

The backhoe will increase the weight of your tractor some more and possibly make hill climbing a little more trouble. So maybe to go up to the larger L-3940 you might be better off!!! A step up yet to the 4240 and a larger loader would also be available.

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #4  
I think your tractor is probably a little bigger than my 3215 Mahindra, but I think you will be surprised at what you can do with a backhoe on it, including going up hills. The extra weight gives you much better traction and with my hoe on or off, I don't notice any difference in power. More power means more fuel. Just my 2 cents, Aaron :confused2: :D :thumbsup: :)

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #5  
A 9 ft backhoe is really big. I have a Foton 704 and the largest hoe it will take is a BH850.

There is a web site that I cant find that lists tractors and what FEL and hoes that match.

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger? #6  
I have a Grand L3240 with a LA 724 loader and a BH 90 backhoe which is very similar to your tractor I think.It also has loaded rears.I had another thread on here awhile ago about whether it had enough power or if I should trade up to a more powerful tractor.Like you I found it bogged down on hills.Even though more power seems to always be better I had to look at the financial side of it and ask myself how much I was willing to spend on a toy.I came to the conclusion that my tractor does everything I want it to do,it just takes a little longer than a more powerful tractor.My tractor is quite easy on fuel which is getting to be a bigger consideration all the time.Your tractor will handle the backhoe or else it wouldn't be sold for that model.It has the strength and weight for it just as mine does.I guess it just depends on how much you want to spend.

/ Will my tractor be ok with bh or need bigger?
thanks for the replies. I am going to stick with my tractor. I am sure it will be fine. There have only been a few times when I wish I had more power, but the amount it would cost me to step up to a new tractor is not worth it. I will post pics once done. unfortunately I just busted a hydraulic line about an hour ago while clearing some land and all my udt went on the ground. I will spend tomorrow fixing it.