Mowing thinking of buying a compact tractor

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #1  

handy

hi there I am thinking on buying a compact tractor with 4 weel drive but can not deside what to get.

I love kubota but love case to to.

I a have a very small companey but need a tractor that will do the job's

what ever make I get has to have 4 weel drive

would like one with the fallowing

a loader
a blade
a 48 inch belly mower
a rototiller
a snow blower
and a draw bar

and be good on gas or deisal

and if it has a roll bar hope it is foldable becouse I need to get in low hight clearence

can any one help me

thank you Cam

Last edited:
   / thinking of buying a compact tractor #2  
Handy, those are pretty specific requirements. What do you need the tractor to do with them? Pretty much any new compact tractor from any of the manufacturers will meet your need. The generic advice is to shop the dealerships more than the machines, then pick the top couple dealers and test their machines. If you're using it commercially, will any of them offer you free loaner machines if yours goes down for repair? Who has faster turn around on service? Will they pick up and return your tractor, or will you have to? I think these sorts of issues are much more important for your purposes than the brand name or color. Kubota makes wonderful machines. Just don't buy a Chinese machine, really, and you should be good to go.

You have a specific list of things you want and need. Go to the dealers. Show them your list and requirements, and have them spec you out a packaged deal. Good luck.

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #3  
+1 on all that. And if the dealer tries to sell you a hydrostatic transmission, let him.

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #4  
You should post some on the specific jobs you are planning to do. Landscaping would be my guess, but on what scale? Any of the major brands offer sub-compacts and compacts in more varieties then imaginable and they all tend to be reliable. As it was mentioned find the dealer you like.

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #5  
Read the thread "Tc30 with broken clutch housing and block" Are you interested in buying into the same problem? NH sells them six days a week.

I ran a guy's DX24 the other day, exact same tractor as the NH. They are both made by Shibaru for CNH. He asked me what I thought of his tractor. I said "Do not use it like a bulldozer, they are prone to breaking in half" He said"OH".

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor
mostly snow removel and lawns but have a few bigger places to do then just in town places

but want some that will work when I need it to

smaller scale like 3 acers and smaller have one place I mow now thats 6 acers but am thinking on doing smaller work

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #8  
SixhoeBob, I've read that same thread. It sounds like that guy got kind of a bum deal from New Holland, as it was relatively new. Having said that, Handy wants to run a 48 inch belly mower, a snowblower, grading blade and rototiller with his FEL. I don't think he's going to see the same stresses as a guy running with a backhoe.

I'm not shilling for New Holland, and there may be a legitimate situation with that size New Holland being less sturdy than other makes with backhoe work. But I don't think that running a belly mower over 6 acres, or rototilling some gardens will break his tractor in half.

With that said, if the majority of your jobs will be mowing, with some other work on the side, why not buy a genuine mower? It will do the job faster. Six acres, even three acres, with a 48 inch belly mower will take hours. That's ok, but if you're talking commercial production, you may want to reconsider either your equipment or your sizing thereof. I don't have any dog in this hunt, I hope you figure out what you need and what will work for you.

What are you currently using to do the work?

was using a john deer la 115 for the mowing and for snow was doing it bye hand

/ thinking of buying a compact tractor #10  
Very good advice so far. I prefer Kubota as they make good tractors and we have an excellent dealer. He also sells NH. As mentioned any tractor from John Deere, Kioti/Bobcat, Kubota, Massey Ferguson etc. will serve you well.

I have used 48", 54", and 60" and I much prefer the wider decks for time saving and trimming.

I would look at all brands and find a combination of a good tractor and good dealer and after you try them all, the right choice will be aooarent.

Good luck.