Transplant from the NH board

/ Transplant from the NH board
Welcome to the orange love fest! I'm on my 2nd Kubota, after a 9N...

Had to rent a NH last year so we could use the tiller (rental yard wouldn't rent the tiller alone). Was happy to give it back at the end of the weekend and get back on Mr. Kubota. Not that it was a bad tractor, it just was a league below the Kubota.

I bought my 8N for $1250. Worst $1250 I ever spent but, come on...you dont get much for that kind of cash. I had to rebuild the engine right away. I knew that getting into it though. I got so sick of working on it and not having it work that I went to the state fair and bought a new JD 5105. I sold that a year ago because it didn't have a loader and it wasn't 4WD. I ended up getting a Ford 1920 with a loader and 4WD. I suddenly had flashbacks of the 8N...lots of work to do on it...not major stuff but it had been neglected. I have too much going on to work on it all the time so I sold it and bought this Kubota. I really like the Kubota...great machine. The only thing that was a little tough to get used to was the hand throttle. On the JD and Ford you push the throttle forward to increase speed...on the Kubota, you pull it towward you. Almost took out the carport figuring that out!!!

/ Transplant from the NH board #32  
On our L5030 you pull the throttle toward you and on the M8540 you push it away.:confused:

/ Transplant from the NH board
Just mowed about 20 acres with it...absolutely love it!