Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860

/ Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860 #31  
I have a guy drilling them right now, 15 bucks each blade. Kinda pricey but no one wanted to touch them, he even said he will have to resharpen his bits several times. So I don't really recommend this way but since I have the blades already I went for it.

Thanks I will not be drilling if they are that hard. I appreciate the warning.

/ Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860 #32  
There are also some that have posted that they didn't see any improvement when they went w/the GB's and wasn't impressed w/them.

Put me on that list Volf. Especially after the hassle of cutting bushing adapters. I really couldn't see any difference. I got wiry grass though (mostly KR bluegrass, some bermuda).

/ Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860 #33  
So this is more complicated than it seems. The RCK54P-BX23 has a different blade with a different mounting hole than the RCK54-BX23. The stock blade on the fine cut deck (RCK54P-BX23) actually has a 23/32" or 0.719" hole as measured from my original blade with a vernier caliper. The mounting hub is actually 0.703".

But and this is a BIG but, Oregon lists blade 96-748 and the original posters model, the G6 mulcher version 396-748 as having a 23/32" hole in some documents. Go here and look at the documents that hit the search for 96-748. In the first hit you will see 0.63" noted, but in all the later documents you will see 23/32" noted. So if you actually got the blade Oregon thinks it makes you would in fact get a blade that fits the Kubota 54" Fine Cut deck RCK54P-BX23.

You are most certainly out of luck for the standard deck since Oregon does not list anywhere a 7/8" bore blade.

The hole size is 7/8" or 0.875" I have just went through the same thing. I chose to get new blades from Kubota. Drilling them out would work great though.

/ Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860 #34  
So I just received 3x 396-748 blades and sure enough they do in fact have a 23/32" (0.719") bore and they bolt right up to my 2009 RCK54P-BX23. I also decided to email customer support at Oregon Chain and the reply I received confirmed the bore size and they also said they were not aware of any time when the blade had a different bore size. Here's a funny development though, I saw a link to a 2011 Oregon blade catalog and it said the bore was 3/4". Go figure...

/ Replacement blades for MMM on bx1860
So I just received 3x 396-748 blades and sure enough they do in fact have a 23/32" (0.719") bore and they bolt right up to my 2009 RCK54P-BX23. I also decided to email customer support at Oregon Chain and the reply I received confirmed the bore size and they also said they were not aware of any time when the blade had a different bore size. Here's a funny development though, I saw a link to a 2011 Oregon blade catalog and it said the bore was 3/4". Go figure...

Thats crazy, according to my mower deck, it is a RCK54P-BX23, from 2010, and those blades did not fit. Unless I am reading some number wrong. The holes I had someone make worked great but it is too much of a hassle, don't think I will do that again.