new owner of a BX25

/ new owner of a BX25 #1  

druzinski

Just purchased a BX25, which will be my first tractor. This forum helped me make my decision so I thought I would do my first post. The unit came with the standard equipment FEL, BH and 3PH. Added were a 54-inch mower deck and both turf and RT tires. The cost was 17,400, which seems like a fair price for the unit. I will be using it on 5 acres that I will be building a house on. The land is flat and has one line of trees on it so I will be doing a lot of landscaping. What other accessories would be recommended? (Fathers Day is close):)

/ new owner of a BX25 #2  
Man, I wish you had posted before you bought the BX25. It is entirely the wrong tractor with abysmal resale value. However, since you seem like a nice though somewhat misguided fellow, I will take it off your hands for a small nominal fee...just the kind of guy I am.:thumbsup:

/ new owner of a BX25 #3  
Man, I wish you had posted before you bought the BX25. It is entirely the wrong tractor with abysmal resale value. However, since you seem like a nice though somewhat misguided fellow, I will take it off your hands for a small nominal fee...just the kind of guy I am.:thumbsup:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:I'll drink to that:drink:!!

Seriously though, to the OP, congrats!! Be careful and enjoy!!:thumbsup:

/ new owner of a BX25 #4  
Just purchased a BX25, which will be my first tractor. This forum helped me make my decision so I thought I would do my first post. The unit came with the standard equipment FEL, BH and 3PH. Added were a 54-inch mower deck and both turf and RT tires. The cost was 17,400, which seems like a fair price for the unit. I will be using it on 5 acres that I will be building a house on. The land is flat and has one line of trees on it so I will be doing a lot of landscaping. What other accessories would be recommended? (Fathers Day is close):)

Congrats...Great machine you have there..Remember TBN rule #1, without pictures it never happened:D

A landscape rake, blade and box grader would be useful for what you're planning to do. A tiller may help as well, but now you're getting into real money.

/ new owner of a BX25 #5  
Forget those other guys. They wouldn't know how to handle a real machine like a BX25.:laughing: Congratulations!!! Fantastic machine, my favorite.
3ph arms are not standard, they are a $200 add. Just to show you got a good deal and with the MMM and two sets of tires you got a real good price. Real good price.
Boxblade and RatchetRake. In my opinion and experience the two best landscaping implements with a tiller added if/when it can be afforded and forks are handy for lots of things. The Ferguson Overseeder is an annual use implement for mantaining a nice lawn by overseeding maybe spring and fall and it aerates to some extent even though it does not remove plugs. My brother is a Certified Master Gardener and he thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread especially since I have it and live next door and let him use it with my tractor.. I keep the RatchetRake on my BX25 and remove it for loading/scooping dirt and then put it back on. Takes almost 3 ,inutes alone to do it. Have to buy it from Tractor Supply now, no longer direct from factory purchase. Will attach web site and some pics of mine.
The videos on Everything Attachments are great.
How To Video Demos - Implements & Attachments
Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety,

Attachments

• P1050874.jpg
    P1050874.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 522
  • P1060527.jpg
    P1060527.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 1,882
  • P1060484.jpg
    P1060484.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 387
  • P1060523.jpg
    P1060523.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 499
  • P1050271.jpg
    P1050271.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 303
  • P1050272.jpg
    P1050272.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 267
  • P1050282.JPG
    P1050282.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 273
   / new owner of a BX25 #6  
Congrats on your new BX 25.Your going to really enjoy it and TBN as well. Good luck.

/ new owner of a BX25
Will post a pics as soon as unit arrives. I guess I will not be selling the unit since it appears I would loose to much money. :) Thanks for the advise regarding the attachments.

/ new owner of a BX25 #8  
Congrats on your new BX25!!! Great tractor (& price)!!! :thumbsup:

/ new owner of a BX25 #9  

Uh...TripleR...The BX25 has a BH...;)

/ new owner of a BX25 #10  
Congrats on the new tractor. That price sounds really good, were did you buy it? I am days away from buying either a BX2360 which some day I will add a Woods BH6000 Backhoe too or a BX25.

I just priced a BX25, FEL, BH, 3point hitch arms, 54" MMM deck, 1st service included, and it came too $18,922. I also want a 4' box blade and they quoted me $500 but I can get it for $450 at Rural King.