Backhoe BH77 broke - defective part?

/ BH77 broke - defective part? #1  

TwinCam88

Tractor
Kubota B3200 HSD
Well, somehow :confused: I managed to break my brand new BH77 the very first time using it. :( Not sure how as I was just digging the dirt around a stump that I was planning on removing. Thing is, I didn't even start trying to rip the stump out yet...so it wasn't working the hoe very hard. :mad: Anyway, as I'm swinging the boom around to dump the bucket, I notice that the pin (about an inch thick) that connects the hydraulic-cylinder to the boom looks like it is hanging out on one side. I stop everything and get off to look, and somehow the pin is broken in half. :shocked:

I'm not sure what the terminology is for each component yet. :ashamed: so I hope this makes sense. If not, I've attached a pic and marked the location of the pin that broke.

I'd appreciate any opinion/advice/wisdom on what I could have done that would have broke this pin (or thoughts on if it could have been defective) ...and of course, what to do to fix it?

Thanks,
-Dave

Attachments

• bh77.bmp
    594.9 KB · Views: 1,840
   / BH77 broke - defective part? #2  
That pin should last thousands of hours and slowly wear from friction but never crack in half. If this is a new unit, I'd assume a factory defect. Have the dealer replace it under warranty.

/ BH77 broke - defective part? #3  
I beat the snot out of my BH on my little BX and nothing like that has happened. I vote for a defect.

/ BH77 broke - defective part? #6  
Check out Kubota customer satisfaction information site

If it's not you, someone else has the identical problem.

Wow, that's an eye opener.....maybe the tensile strength and/or dia of the pin is not enough for powering both cyls in an actual working situation.....it could happen...

Something can't be engineered right here.......:mad:

I think I'd be at this real carefull to make sure the cyls and housings are not bent up.....:confused2:

/ BH77 broke - defective part? #7  
Wow, that should have not broke so soon, but it has two forces on one pin. and the forces are one in the center, and two on the outside, may have been using both boom and dip sick at same time caues it to pinch some how, but like everone eles, that pin should last years. Must be some kinda defect, glad I am getting the BH76a on my B3200 Wednesday. Good luck on geting the pin quickley, so you can get back to playing.

/ BH77 broke - defective part? #9  
Oh WOW I hope this dosen't happen on my 77. I might change my pin now to an aftermarket one after seeing this crap.:(

/ BH77 broke - defective part?
nspec said:
Check out Kubota customer satisfaction information site

If it's not you, someone else has the identical problem.

Nope, it definitely wasn't me...this is the first I've posted about this issue as it just happened yesterday. The tractor is new, only has 3 hours on it...and it was the first time using the backhoe.