Loader Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL #1  

DWeinreich

Tractor
Yanmar 187D
Will a toothed blade, used for digging in rocky, heavy soil, wreck a FEL? The one I've got is a 463 loader on an L3400. The FEL has the quick attach skid steer hardware.

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL #2  
Will a toothed blade, used for digging in rocky, heavy soil, wreck a FEL? The one I've got is a 463 loader on an L3400. The FEL has the quick attach skid steer hardware.

If you are talking about a toothbar, then the answer is probabally not. Several people on here love their toothbars. It actually makes digging and pushing into piles take less effort, which is probabally easier on the loader:thumbsup:

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL
Yes, I meant a toothed blade.

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL
Sorry. Meant to say a tooth bar.

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL #5  
Shouldn't wreck the FEL, assuming the operator knows the machine limitations as well as using some common sense.
Working in the soil conditions you describe may accelerate wear, however. That's just a fact of life.
I do suggest you grease the FEL fittings regularly (daily would be good) if you intend to do this work frequently.

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL #6  
I'm for the toothbar. NOT having one can actually ruin your bucket. Trust me I know.
The teeth focus the force into a smaller area and generate more digging power.

/ Toothed Blade - will it damage the FEL #7  
I've been doing a lot of digging and moving heavy rocks in dirt mounds. The toothbar actually makes it all go better. It's amazing to me how well the BX2660 does. No damage here. Some of the rocks are bigger than the bucket. But careful manuevers get the job done.