B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing #1  

ericdube

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4760
I'm looking to build a hydraulic pressure tester for my B2620 tractor, and I was wondering if I might be able to get some advice on the correct components to use.

I'm not sure exactly what the QD fittings are, but I believe they're the same as on the BX-series 1/4" - it looks like Snap-Tite 72N4-4F (Nipple) and 72C4-4F (Coupler) should be a match. Can anyone verify this?

Here's a complete list of components that I'm looking to use in order to build it:

This would be a flow-through design (in-out) using a tee fitting to connect the pressure gauge.

In addition, does anyone know what the recommended hydraulic pressure setting is for the B2620 tractors?

Thanks in advance for the help!

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing #2  
Here is something to consider if plan on leaving the pressure gauge on all the time. To keep the needle from bouncing around a snubber can be used to dampen any pulsations. Glycern does this to some extent to the needle, but not the working mechanism that is experensing the pressure flucuations.

Pressure snubbers or other similar devices can be found here.
http://www.ashcroft.com/products/Accessories/upload/Accessories-1.pdf

Also keep in mind the pressure gauge listed in the link has class B (3%,2%,3% of span) accuracy which means it will be accurate within the following ranges: (zeros added to aid column alignment)
0000-0750 psi +/-90 psi
0751-2250 psi +/-60 psi
2251-3000 psi +/-90 psi

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing
moship, excellent advice!

Also, I didn't even think about the gauge accuracy. I ended up finding a very nice Bourdon Haenni 3000 PSI pressure gauge with class 1.6 accuracy on Ebay for about $30 that will provide much better accuracy for testing.

I also did a little more shopping around, and found better much pricing on everything including picking up a short 12" hydraulic hose so I can read the gauge when operating the loader.

It will take a couple of weeks for everything to arrive, but I think I should have all I need at this point. I'll post pictures once i get it assembled.

Thanks for the help!

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing #4  
I simply removed the female quick connect from one of my loader hoses, screwed the gauge into the end of it, and checked the pressure that way. I didn't leave the gauge in place, obviously, but I didn't need to.

Sean

Attachments

• DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 528
   / B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing
I simply removed the female quick connect from one of my loader hoses, screwed the gauge into the end of it, and checked the pressure that way. I didn't leave the gauge in place, obviously, but I didn't need to.

Sean

Do you know what the Kubota recommended PSI should be for that model tractor? Thanks!

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing #7  
wdchyd - very neat test unit :thumbsup: now I will think of you as the tractor doctor :)

/ B2620 Hydraulic Pressure Testing #8  
wdchyd - very neat test unit :thumbsup: now I will think of you as the tractor doctor :)

Thanx Gordon but I would rather think of myself as "Master Tinkerer"..:laughing: