LA703A Loader on the L4400.....

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #1  

General Lee

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, L4400, BX1870
Greetings all......Those who have this set up, I have a question. I recently bought an L4400 and as I embark in my adventures with this machine I noticed something today. I am aware of the lack of curl on the bucket, but is the bucket supposed curl underneath itself? I thought the loader on My B3200 did or least curled UNDER further than the L4400.
Anyhow, here is my concern. The bucket stops vertical (edge perpendicular to the ground) In this position, I absolutely have ZERO curl power and that is under no load what so ever. I wanted to see if the loader would be able to mover the machine backwards in the event I ever stuck. Now, if I curl the bucket forward a bit I gain some curl power back but it seems way weak for this size of a loader. Is this making any sense to any of the LA703A owners out there? With the bucket pointing straight down does the hydraulics go into relief mode or something?

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #2  
Greetings all......Those who have this set up, I have a question. I recently bought an L4400 and as I embark in my adventures with this machine I noticed something today. I am aware of the lack of curl on the bucket, but is the bucket supposed curl underneath itself? I thought the loader on My B3200 did or least curled UNDER further than the L4400.
Anyhow, here is my concern. The bucket stops vertical (edge perpendicular to the ground) In this position, I absolutely have ZERO curl power and that is under no load what so ever. I wanted to see if the loader would be able to mover the machine backwards in the event I ever stuck. Now, if I curl the bucket forward a bit I gain some curl power back but it seems way weak for this size of a loader. Is this making any sense to any of the LA703A owners out there? With the bucket pointing straight down does the hydraulics go into relief mode or something?

You may want to get your pressures checked. Low pressure will make the loader seem kinda weak. My l3130 was way low and putting the pressure up to spec made it a new loader. That being said Kubota loaders do tend to be a little weak on the curl.

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #3  
I have the L4400HST with the HD round back bucket and the skid steer quick detach. I have helped myself out many a time with the loader bucket. Like the previous post said check your FEL relief pressure.

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400.....
You may want to get your pressures checked. Low pressure will make the loader seem kinda weak. My l3130 was way low and putting the pressure up to spec made it a new loader. That being said Kubota loaders do tend to be a little weak on the curl.

That is beyond my capabilities. The only pressure I know to test is air pressure on a tire :laughing:. I don't understand "deadheading" "installing a T" and all that technical jumbo. Guess I'll have to have the dealer check it out.

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #5  
It may just be the nature of it, due to the cylinder geometry. My B3200 is the same way, it doesn't have much curl power when the bucket is fully dumped. The more expensive loaders us a linkage on the curl cylinders which give a broader range of motion and more power throughout the cycle.

If the loader works well otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about it.

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #6  
That is beyond my capabilities. The only pressure I know to test is air pressure on a tire :laughing:. I don't understand "deadheading" "installing a T" and all that technical jumbo. Guess I'll have to have the dealer check it out.

Ahh....it is quite simple really. There are a few threads about doing this and making your own test gauge. But if you are not comfortable doing it by all mean get the dealer to check. He should be able to come out and check and adjust if necessary.

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400..... #7  

It is as easy a job as can be to check and adjust the pressures on your machine. Here is a thread I did on adjusting a friends L4400 after doing my own.
L4400HST FEL Pressure Check

/ LA703A Loader on the L4400.....
It may just be the nature of it, due to the cylinder geometry. My B3200 is the same way, it doesn't have much curl power when the bucket is fully dumped. The more expensive loaders us a linkage on the curl cylinders which give a broader range of motion and more power throughout the cycle.

If the loader works well otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I thought my 3200 (when I had it) worked a lot better then this loader. It had awesome curl power at full dump. Got me out of some deep snow banks. On the L4400 I literally have no curl power at full dump, the loader isn't even hardly making sound trying to curl. But when I raise it up a bit and curl it up a little, place it back down I have some curl power but to me it doesn't seem like much. I've dug into some dirt piles and managed to get a full scoop but it wasn't really any hard packed stuff where good breakout force was needed.

Dex - thanks for the pics, puts it into perspective now. All the searching I did and I missed that thread.