Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25?

/ Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25? #1  

ashdump

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25
Will this and this along with the necessary plumbing and switching suffice for a decent set up? I don't really want hoses and bulky valve controls up in my operating area. I'd like to conceal as much of it as possible. I'd like a neat and clean looking appearance and a simple 2 way momentary on switch mounted somewhere convenient on the fender. Some of you guys are real wizards at this stuff. What say?:)

Last edited:
   / Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25? #3  
Yes, BUT the valve body you linked is for CC (Closed Center) systems. You would need this one: 9-6136. Don't forget you also need the D03 subplate and two of the connectors. This valve is bigger than you think...so make a template of it to see where you are going to hide it-don't forget you will have 4 hoses connected to it also.

I bought this valve for my tractor since it was smaller: #9501651 But never got it installed yet-it's on the list...

/ Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25? #4  
I noticed the retracted length is 18 inches, will that fit a BX25? I know that is too long for my use on a BX2660.

/ Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25?
Yes, BUT the valve body you linked is for CC (Closed Center) systems. You would need this one: 9-6136. Don't forget you also need the D03 subplate and two of the connectors. This valve is bigger than you think...so make a template of it to see where you are going to hide it-don't forget you will have 4 hoses connected to it also.

I bought this valve for my tractor since it was smaller: #9501651 But never got it installed yet-it's on the list...

Thanks for the info.:) I know no matter what, there will be a lot exposed somewhere, I just am not crazy about it being largely in my operating space. With the BX, I also know there's not a whole lotta room to conceal or open mount this stuff. Now my wheels are spinning again, I wonder if there is a 12V linear actuator that would work and be strong enough to do the job? That would eliminate the plumbing altogether!

Last edited:
   / Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25?
I noticed the retracted length is 18 inches, will that fit a BX25? I know that is too long for my use on a BX2660.

You have a point. I'll bet the BX25 and 2660 use identical 3PH.

/ Solenoid valve controlled hydraulic top link for BX25? #7  
Now my wheels are spinning again, I wonder if there is a 12V linear actuator that would work and be strong enough to do the job? That would eliminate the plumbing altogether!

Short answer is NO...There are other threads on this and installing valves-I suggest you search for them (Not blowing you off, just there is a LOT of info in the older threads)