Dirt Moving Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...
That's a good point, and a very clever way to address the problem. I would have to make it easy to remove though, because I use the Backhoe frequently. I'm finding that the biggest problem here is the frozen ground. I thought I was hitting rock, but it turned out to be frozen dirt. I didn't have to deal with that in Texas...Oh well, when you don't have size, it's all about technique!;)

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #12  
That's a good point, and a very clever way to address the problem. I would have to make it easy to remove though, because I use the Backhoe frequently. I'm finding that the biggest problem here is the frozen ground. I thought I was hitting rock, but it turned out to be frozen dirt. I didn't have to deal with that in Texas...Oh well, when you don't have size, it's all about technique!;)

Frozen ground, man I can't even imagine. I'm near Houston (25 miles SW) so even when we get freezing temps it is usually just for a few hours overnight. Coldest I've ever experienced was about 5 above and that was in Colorado.

Now, I would love the wide open wilderness you have up there at your new place.

BTW, using the hose clamps like I did, you could probably remove the horse panel in about 5 minutes or less. I can't take any pictures right now because my tractor is out at my weekend place 48 miles away. I thought about welding some hooks to the ROP. Something along the lines of small chain hooks, 2 on each side and one at the top, with all the openings facing up. That way a person could just drop the panel into place. I didn't think it would be worth the trouble for me since I won't be removing mine that often. Maybe you could do something along those lines since you have a BH.

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #13  
Congratulations on the BX25! :thumbsup: One thing i am wondering is since you are working in the woods do you have anything protecting the hydrostatic fan under your Bota? My neighbor's BX24 had its fan destroyed from a branch so I am curious what you have done to protect your fan, that is assuming that the BX25 has one. It is a $10 fan and a $600 fix. :(

Attachments

• 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    926.3 KB · Views: 228
BTW, using the hose clamps like I did, you could probably remove the horse panel in about 5 minutes or less. I can't take any pictures right now because my tractor is out at my weekend place 48 miles away. I thought about welding some hooks to the ROP. Something along the lines of small chain hooks, 2 on each side and one at the top, with all the openings facing up. That way a person could just drop the panel into place. I didn't think it would be worth the trouble for me since I won't be removing mine that often. Maybe you could do something along those lines since you have a BH.

If you do get a chance to take a picture, I would love to see it. Thanks!

Congratulations on the BX25! :thumbsup: One thing i am wondering is since you are working in the woods do you have anything protecting the hydrostatic fan under your Bota? My neighbor's BX24 had its fan destroyed from a branch so I am curious what you have done to protect your fan, that is assuming that the BX25 has one. It is a $10 fan and a $600 fix. :(

Ouch, that pic looks painful... I haven't given it much thought, but you make a good point. I suppose a skid plate maybe? Yea, there's a bunch of small trees and scrubby things here to cause problems...Thanks for that info.

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #16  
Welcome back & congrats on the BX25! :thumbsup: How did you take that picture? :confused2:

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #17  
Ouch, that pic looks painful... I haven't given it much thought, but you make a good point. I suppose a skid plate maybe? Yea, there's a bunch of small trees and scrubby things here to cause problems...Thanks for that info.

The best one i have found is the Bro Tek skid plates. :thumbsup:

Welcome back & congrats on the BX25! :thumbsup: How did you take that picture? :confused2:

Thanks. It was taken from our second floor balcony. There are some very nice and dramatic snow covered mountains in the background, about 3 miles away, but for some reason, they were washed out in the pic and didn't show up...:confused: