Dirt Moving Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #1  

KubZilla

Tractor
2011 Kubota BX25
After selling my last Kubota, (Kubzilla 1), over 2 years ago and moving to Alaska, I could stand it no longer, so today I went down to the ESI Dealer in Anchorage and bought a new BX25. My backyard is nothing short of an arctic jungle, so this should be fun. :thumbsup: My goal is to keep all of the bigger trees and level the lot out a little. WoooHooo!

Attachments

• IMG_6935.jpg
    IMG_6935.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 721
   / Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #2  
That's a lot of trees. I would have got a bigger machine ...

Looks like a life time of seat time. Enjoy!

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...
It's not as bad as it looks. The big ones are staying, only the smaller, scrubby ones are coming out. I'll be burning the stumps in place. I've found that the key to sucess with a sub compact is not getting in a hurry. It looks like I will be enjoying our 19 hour days this summer!

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #4  
Congratulations and welcome back to the Family.:thumbsup::)
My Neice Tammy and her husband Rik live in Anchorage and Donna, Tammys sister, has now moved to Anchorage and waiting on her house in Myrtle Beach to sell so her husband Glenn and son KT can join her.
I like Alaska, in the summer time!:thumbsup: Don't like your mosquitos!:(

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #5  
Congratulations on your new tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #6  
Congrat's. I have found I can pull sapplings up to about 3" diameter out of the ground roots and all using a chain off the draw bar hole in the frame (wish the BX's came with an actual draw bar like the B series and up). I was going to say I hope you're not planning on removing all the stumps with the BX25, but I see you plan to burn them. Happy "long day's nights" of tractoring. Keep us posted on the progress.

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #7  
congrats on the new bx 25- keep us posted if you have any "sara sitings"

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #8  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins...
Thanks to all! I may try using a chain... That might be a bit easier than using the bucket on all those smaller trees. Ok, it's time to put on the Mosquito spray (Monsters they are), and get to work. Since Sarah's a little busy these days, I guess I'll get no help there...

/ Kubzilla 2, And so it begins... #10  
If you are going to be pulling with a chain quite a lot, I'd suggest you do what I did. I added some horse panel to my ROP. Horse panel is made up of .25" galvanized rod welded in a 2"X4" pattern. I also added this to my front brush guard to add radiator protection. The reason to put it on the ROP is in case of a chain failure, it should give some protection from the chain slapping you in the back of the head. I cut a piece to fit slightly larger than the ROP, put it on the back of the ROP, then used 6 hose clamps that would wrap around the ROP and horse panel to hold it in place. If you want to keep the folding function, you could probably cut the horse panel in half but I'd think that would weaken it some. I plan on keeping it in place even when I'm using my shredder to protect from flying debris being propelled by the blades. I learned that lesson way back when using an old crop shredder on a ranch I worked on in high school. The Terrain King shredder was broke down so I hooked onto the old crop shredder. While shredding some pasture, all of a sudden I hear "whoosh" and see a piece of 2"X3" angle iron about 2' long land about 50 feet in front of the tractor. A piece had come loose at one end and the blades caught it and sent it flying right over my head. That shredder was never used again by me.