Homemade toolbox examples

/ Homemade toolbox examples #11  
Hi Leejohn:
If I may inquire where did you get the step(if you have part # manufacture) or is it homemade. Find as getting older first step is getting harder esp with boots winter coat on!!

Thanx Pat R

/ Homemade toolbox examples
This is perfect. I was hoping that by naming the thread this way others might add their projects. I remember a nice one made from pvc pipe (painted Kubota Orange) just strapped to the loader frame but can't find it right now.

I like using this board to find examples of others' homemade improvements but they're not always easy to find. I'm hoping that by using this name, the thread can be found easily by someone trying to figure out how to add a toolbox to their tractor.

It would be really cool to see other similar threads for things like ballast boxes, canopies, skid plates, loader forks, etc.

/ Homemade toolbox examples
Not to start an argument here but I fail to understand why some one would use a tilt meter?

Every tractors and situations are differents and if you're fine at 10* with an empty FEL down, what do that mean with a loaded FEL in a higher position?
Most roll over happen because one wheel either go up on a rock,etc or go down in a hole.
A tilt meter is completly wortless in "real" life and can give you a false sense of safety

You're absolutely right that a tilt meter is not to be used to decide whether you're safe or not in any given situation. I have always used my clenchometer to make that judgment. The tilt meter is nice for keeping my butt calibrated.

I think that after prolonged use on slopes or uneven terrain, your internal gauge can get a little out of tolerance. The meter is nice to glance at every once in a while to confirm that reality matches your senses.

Also, it can be useful for grading.

/ Homemade toolbox examples #14  
This is perfect. I was hoping that by naming the thread this way others might add their projects. I remember a nice one made from pvc pipe (painted Kubota Orange) just strapped to the loader frame but can't find it right now.

I like using this board to find examples of others' homemade improvements but they're not always easy to find. I'm hoping that by using this name, the thread can be found easily by someone trying to figure out how to add a toolbox to their tractor.

There are several old threads in the archives on this subject. Just use the search function.

It would be really cool to see other similar threads for things like ballast boxes, canopies, skid plates, loader forks, etc.

There are hundreds of threads on those subjects in the archives. :) One can just browse by going back a page of threads at a time, or use the search function.

Just curious, as you mention things not always being easy to find. Have you had difficulties in getting the search function to work for you?

/ Homemade toolbox examples #15  
Here's my attempt at a tool box. Made it out of 3/4" square tubing and some expanded metal. Drill and tapped the frame to secure it. Added a place for my 2 year old son to stand.

Duck- here come the safety police!

/ Homemade toolbox examples #16  
here is mine

Attachments

• SawShelf_1.JPG
    SawShelf_1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,195
   / Homemade toolbox examples #17  
harper975 said:
Here's my attempt at a tool box. Made it out of 3/4" square tubing and some expanded metal. Drill and tapped the frame to secure it. Added a place for my 2 year old son to stand.

I like it. I may have to copy that for mine

/ Homemade toolbox examples #18  
Hi Leejohn:
If I may inquire where did you get the step(if you have part # manufacture) or is it homemade. Find as getting older first step is getting harder esp with boots winter coat on!!

Thanx Pat R

I made it. I use one 5/16th bolt to hold it on, could hold it on with a pin. I haven't tried the pin yet because I thought it might rattle. It has to come off when I put my deck on, but only takes a min. It is also adjustable in and out about 1 1/2", I use mine all the way out. Maybe I could make you one if you would like one. PM me.

/ Homemade toolbox examples #19  
Pat I just looked at your profile and see you have a BX23. I'm not sure that would work for you. Would have to do more checking before I could make one.
Lee

/ Homemade toolbox examples #20  
It's tough finding a spot to carry anything other than a beverage on a BX. I've seen some fine examples here of homemade toolboxes including this recent one.

I just added a small toolbox to my BX2350. This is an easy project that only requires a little very simple metal fabrication.

The box itself is this toolbox from Northern Tool.
01.JPG

It's held on by two U-bolts and some angle iron.

Carriage bolts and nylon lock nuts attach the box to the angle iron.

I cut a piece of sheet metal from Lowe's (not sure what gauge I used) to reinforce the bottom of the toolbox. Without this, I doubt the plastic box would be able to hang on by two carriage bolts. The toughest part of the project for me was squaring the bolt holes in the metal. I think I ended up grinding them most of the way with a Dremel then just pounding the carriage bolt in there to finish the job.

It's not rock-solid but maybe sturdier than it looks. I had doubts until I tightened everything up. It's been on for around 10 hours and I'm very happy with it.

get yourself some J bolts and then adapter to go between the ends of the U clamps to J bolts. and you can hang chains from, or 5 gallon buckets of tools from.

though at quick look, i might encourage a little bit bigger U clamps. at least if it was me. i would most likely end up bending those U clamps, with what i fill 5 gallon buckets up at times.