weight capacity 3 point hitch B1550

/ weight capacity 3 point hitch B1550 #1  

sw18x

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking
I'm looking at a used B1550. One job I could definitely use help with is lifting logs onto a wood splitter. We have an outdoor woodburner and get chunks delivered as big as a couple hundred pounds. I'm wondering what kind of weight the hitch on this tractor could handle if I put a crane boom on. It's a type I hitch according to Tractordata.com, and the machine itself weighs around 1100 pounds. Thanks.

/ weight capacity 3 point hitch B1550 #2  
Maybe 400 - 500 lbs

/ weight capacity 3 point hitch B1550 #3  
I'm looking at a used B1550. One job I could definitely use help with is lifting logs onto a wood splitter. We have an outdoor woodburner and get chunks delivered as big as a couple hundred pounds. I'm wondering what kind of weight the hitch on this tractor could handle if I put a crane boom on. It's a type I hitch according to Tractordata.com, and the machine itself weighs around 1100 pounds. Thanks.

Just a guess based on my BX1850 which is similar in weight. The 3PH will lift around 900 lbs at the lift arms and around 600 lbs 24" out. How far back is this crane boom going to extend. Do you have any weight on the front of tractor?

200 lbs should not be an issue as long as it is not to far back. Just remember weight up high makes things tip easier...

Roy

/ weight capacity 3 point hitch B1550
Thanks...I'm leaning towards going big and getting a BX1860 or 2360...now if I can only get the wife to agree!