Close call with BX 2200 HST

/ Close call with BX 2200 HST #1  

nbennett

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I had a power steering hydraulic hose spring a leak under the floor of my BX 2200. After removing the floorboard to get to the hose, I noticed that the HST cooling fins behind the plastic fan were caked with dirt and there was a mouse nest on top of the HST pump under the fuel tank. I would not have seen any of this without removing the floorboard. After I finished with the hose repair, I could only see where the mouse nest had been by looking over the right rear wheel. I haven't noticed any overheating but consider myself lucky that no harm was done to the transmission.

/ Close call with BX 2200 HST #2  
I blow my tractor out with compressed air on a regular basis with one of those wands that reaches into all the little hard to get at places. In addition to blowing out all the dirt, I figure it will help evict any rodents that try to move in.

/ Close call with BX 2200 HST #3  
My BX2200 is almost 11 y.o. About 3 years ago, both of the hydraulic hoses below the floorboard failed and had to be replaced. Maintenance mgr. @ the dealership said that was about the life expectancy of those hoses. You might want to consider replacing both now before one springs another leak.

/ Close call with BX 2200 HST
I purchased all 4 ps hoses and did replace both hoses that run from rear to front. About a 3 hour job. My tractor will be 9 years old this fall and that was the first hose failure. In fact, the only other failure I've had is a stop solenoid fried. Knock on wood!

/ Close call with BX 2200 HST #5  
My stop solenoid went out too, but it appeared to be related to a bunch of electrical problems that all came from the harness getting damaged when they installed the subframe for the Woods backhoe.