BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills

/ BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills #1  

billhall

Tractor
Kubota L3540
Hi Everyone,

I presently have a BX 25 that I am trading in on a B3000, my property is very steep and has been a challenge with the BX 25, I have many times used the weight of the backhoe to make turns by reaching back and turning backhoe uphill in order to keep from tipping. I do not think I will be able to do this with the new B3000, the backhoe appears to be to far back to reach out of the cab to make this adjustment while siting in the drivers seat. (does anyone else do this?)

I am hoping it is going to be more staple than the BX25. Has anyone done a similar upgrade that can let me know if the B3000 may be more or less staple than the BX25. Should I fill the rear tires on the B3000, will this add stability?

Thanks

/ BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills #2  
Though I don't feel I operate on steep side hills......... I do recommend filling the rear tires and have the dealer add Kubota's rear wheel spacers which add 3" to the width of the tractor. You will find a big difference in the seat-of-the-pants feel of the tractor.

/ BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills #3  
I to have hillside property. I started with a BX2200 MMM FEL and it did so much I traded it to a B7800 FEL RFM and a BX1500 MMM. Kept the B7800 and BX1500 (around house mower) for 3 years till both paid off. Traded the BX1500 MMM to a BX2350 MMM and traded the B7800 FEL to a L3240 FEL HST. Rarely used the l because it was to big to "get out" for my property and it scared me in the seat of the pants dept on the hillside. Traded the L3240 shortly to a B3200 FEL.
I understand hillside seat of the pants feeling. I now use a F3080 4wd for my mowing and a BX25 for my tractoring. The BX25 is a bit scary compared to the former BX's because of the BH. I'd compare a BX25 FEL BH to a B3200 FEL as about the same pucker factor. The BX25 without FEL and BH should be in the "good" pucker range. Now a B3??? with FEL and BH should be about as bad or a bit worse than the L3240 FEL.
A B with a BH and FEL will need straight up and down manuvering for sure or remove the BH except when needed.
Some will say it's all in the mind and that may be true but the mind is what's riding around with you sitting high up off the ground.
I'd like to tell you something different but I can't. Every inch higher off the ground adds some "fear" and a BH adds even more. For sure fill the tires and extend the wheels and never grow to confident because of those adds.

/ BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills
Yeah, I just saw something about the 3 inch wheel spacers on another thread and called my dealer to have them installed. I will take anything that helps, I hate that feeling!!

/ BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills #5  
Hi Everyone,
I have many times used the weight of the backhoe to make turns by reaching back and turning backhoe uphill in order to keep from tipping.

Doubtless you have seen sailors "hiking out" on their sailboats, and the backhoe swung on the uphill side does the same thing. Gary Ober details this on page 5 of his excellent "Operating Techniques for the TLB". In addition to swinging the hoe uphill, you can lower the downhill stabilizer until it is close to the ground. An "insurance policy", in case the machine decides to tip in that direction.