Tractor
    2002 kubota L35

Default backhoe and brake problem

Hi guys I'm new to the site and just got a 2002 L35 kubota and I was playing with the backhoe for the first time and was confused. When using it I noticed that I was not able to raise the main boom and pull in on the secondary boom at the same time, used separately these work great. should they work at the same time? I would think so in order to scrape a flat surface. I wonder if the rpms were not high enough or hydraulic fluid not warm enough?
    Also my brakes don't seem to grab that well, also the two peddles are seized together it seems. Anyone have experience with these brakes? Do you need the clutch in in order for them to work?
    thanks in advance.
    (love the site, im also a member of a snowmobile forum TY four stroke yamaha) I LOVE FORUMS!!!!
    Brian

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: backhoe and brake problem

Yes, you should be able to use both functions on the hoe at the same time. One is naturally want to take priority, so it may take a little finesse feathering the controls to do it well.

On the brake pedals, there should be a piece of steel that will connect both pedals together. Flip it over, and they are unlocked and can be used independently. If they are rusted together, it may take some jizzbang ..... or other elbow grease to get them free from one another. Adjusting the brakes is generally pretty easy. There is an actuator rod that runs under the tractor from the brake pedals, back to the rear end. The rod will be threaded somewhere along its way. That is where it is adjusted..... but be sure to adjust both sides equally.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    L35,1910,580D,933C,935B,MS90,N-11,Z60,310D,443,553,885

Try operating the L35 at 1700 RPM. You should have enough oil flow to combine the functions smoothly. The down side is that the swing is super sensitive and fast. You have to be constantly focusing on not smacking something while swinging.

Check the front axle oil before using the tractor again. It will need 90W oil.

The swing function is too fast, the 3 pt lifts fast, the front axle leaks oil. Other than that, the L35s are a good TLB.
    What could possibly go wrong? *#^@*! I think it is time for a drive.

Tractor
    2002 kubota L35

Thanks guys
    just tryed the ho again today in the dirt. Works alot better under load and at a lower rpm like you guys said.

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

just tryed the ho again today

Try hard to spell that "hoe" next time...
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov