Kubota 2 Year Survey

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #1  

rlk

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 35 BX 2200 1952 Farmall H
I bought a BX 2200 in November 2000. Last week I received a survey from Kubota. This was my second survey from Kubota - one came after owning the tractor for one year. In the letter that came with the survey, Kubota tells you to either fill out the paper survey, or how to fill it out online. They give you sales ID numbers as well as the serial number of your tractor. I decided to fill it out online.

In the survey, you are asked if you have had any problems during the last 12 months. If you answer you have had problems, they ask if it was engine, transmission, electrical, steering, or brakes. Then they ask if you had it serviced at a Kubota dealership. If it was serviced by a Kubota dealer, they ask a lot of questions about your service experience with the Kubota dealer. Since I have had little to no problems, I could not answer much about service experiences or the servicing dealer. I gave Kubota high marks on quality and told them I would purchase Kubota again, and would definitely recommend my dealer (Carver Equipment).

While on the Kubota site, I saw a place where anyone can provide feedback to Kubota. Since the survey did not give me a chance to say all I wanted to say, I sent Kubota feedback on 3 items.

1. The metal bracket that holds the air cleaner broke. I called Carver and talked to Al about a new one. He agreed with me that this was probably a design flaw, and ordered a new one for me. I installed it myself. I had read on TBN that others have had this same problem, and mentioned that in my feedback, then suggested that Kubota should resolve the problem and provide the new parts at no cost to the owner.

2. I mentioned that the electrical switches for the lights, turn signals and hazard lights get dirty, and stop working. I have had to take mine off and clean them a couple of times. I suggested Kubota upgrade to a higher quality switch that will not allow dust or moisture to damage the switch.

3. I don't like where the hydrostatic filter is located (above the MM mower). Once when I was pushing debris with the FEL (MM Mower not attached), a stick punched a hole in the hydrostatic filter. Luckily I saw it in time to shut down before all the oil drained out. I suggested that Kubota find another place to mount the filter.

The next day, I received an e-mail from someone at Kubota saying my first and second comments had been sent to the Customer Satisfaction Department, and the third comment had been sent to the Engineering Department.

Two days later, a Kubota Customer Satisfaction representative called me to discuss my comments.

1. He said Kubota has a fix for the metal bracket holding the air filter. The new part number is: K2561-82170 He said he would ship the new part to me at no charge.

2. We talked about the electrical switches and what I had to do to clean them. At first he asked me to notify the dealer when they failed again and he would arrange a replacement. We talked about Carver Equipment a bit (he said Carver is one of their better dealers). After talking a while, he decided to send me 3 new switches if I would send the old ones back to him.

3. Next we talked about the hydrostatic oil filter and where it is located. Since this is a compact tractor, he said they really don't have any where else to mount the oil filter. I understand this, but suggested some type of skid plate to protect the filter and fan. There was a long silence (you could almost hear him thinking). Finally he said something about they would have to investigate that. He asked me how many I would buy - of course one is all I would need.

By now we had talked close to a half an hour. I kept meaning to ask him if he or anyone in his department followed TBN, but I never got around to it.

Yesterday, a FedEx truck shows up with my electrical switches and the new part for the air cleaner. I'm going to attach a picture of the air cleaner parts. There is not a lot to them, but hopefully the parts will keep the bracket from breaking again. Once it warms up some, I'll install these parts and the new switches.

I have owned a lot of new cars, trucks, boats, riding mowers, golf carts, appliances, houses, etc. and have filled out a lot of surveys, but this is the first time I have never been contacted personally before. I feel good about purchasing a Kubota product. Other companies / dealers will have to do a lot to top this experience.

If you get a survey from Kubota, be sure to fill it out, or if you are having a problem, I would encourage you to send feedback to Kubota through their web site.

Bob

Attachments

• 2-227417-P1181209b.JPG
    2-227417-P1181209b.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 485
   / Kubota 2 Year Survey #2  
rlk,
I have filled out many a survey related to vehicle purchase/service. If there were any negative comments, I have been contacted right away by the manufacturer and the dealer. I expressed my concerns and they seemed to listen, but not as well as your Kubota Rep. Glad you got the opportunity to maybe resolve some issues for future buyers.

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #3  
RLK,

It is great to hear Kubota takes time to communicate with its customers. The main problem with any company or organization is lack of communication. This tells me that Kubota is setting itself up to be one of the best tractor manufacture. I am glad you mentioned the problems with the air cleaner bracket and switches. I have had the same problem. My switches went bad and my air cleaner bracket broke. Both items were fixed under warranty. My bota is now out of warranty as it has just turned 2 years old with 286 hours on it. Thank you for posting your experience.

PEMAD

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #4  
Great news that Kubota has that kind of customer service. I purchased a B2710 in 2000 and so far I've not had any problems. Dealer has been first rate. Glad to hear Kubota stands behind their products like that!
Barnett

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #5  
Wait a minute! /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif I purchased my Kubota two years ago and haven't been sent a survey. Just because it's an L210 is no reason to discriminate! /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif Fortunately, I've had no problems.

Chuck

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #6  
Same here

July will make 2 years for me, and I still am yet to recieve a survey. Heck, there's a recall on my unit that I've never been notified about.

...but yet they send me a notification every time they make a change to their phone system. Priorities...

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #7  
Re: Same here

Likewise here on the survey. Was told I would be sent one, but it hasn't happened.

Where did you find out about the recall? Does Kubota have this on their web site?

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #8  

I actually found out about the recall on this website. A guy had posted the recall, and how his dealer fixed it. I called my local dealer, and he agreed there was a recall, and scheduled an appointment. All was taken care of...no thanks to kubota.

Here's The biggest kikker. When I bought the unit, I asked about seat belt and ROPS like the Hustlers and Exmark had. The dealer told me that not only did Kubota not offer it, but they did not offer it because it was a waste, and "you don'n need all that on this mower anyway." Well after the recall deal cooled down, I get a coupon in the mail from Kubota. They offered me a discounted (barely) price on ADDING a seat belt and ROPS on to my unit. The coupon even went on to say how Kubota is so concerned about safety they have added the seat belt and ROPS on to all new units as STANDARD EQUIPMENT!

How do ya like that?! ...and I wonder why they have not sent me a survey. I think they know better!

/ Kubota 2 Year Survey #9  

I try to keep up with any recalls on all the equipment lines we carry and post the notices on our web site.

Warranty Notices