Kubota B5200 info needed.

/ Kubota B5200 info needed. #1  

Anonymous Poster

I purchased a Kubota B5200 in Dec. 2002. Don't have an owners manual for it.....also, don't know a whole lot about it.......
I was wanting to find out all that I could about this tractor because it seems that there isn't much on the internet that I could find out on it. Don't even know what year model it is.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.........

Attachments

• 2-227523-Kubota003-small.jpg
    2-227523-Kubota003-small.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3,442
   / Kubota B5200 info needed. #2  
You can check the Kubota website. Not much info other than year production began and hp. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kubota.com/prior_charts.cfm>http://www.kubota.com/prior_charts.cfm</A>

/ Kubota B5200 info needed. #3  
Your B5200 looks in mighty good shape.

Here couple of site which might help in your quest.

1. Tractortips.com
2. TractorSmart.com
3. Kubota Tractor,than scroll down to SSB Tractor-Home Page,and bring up manuals.

/ Kubota B5200 info needed.
mtn jake, I have an old Kubota B-series brochure and it lists the specs for the B5200, 6200, 7200 and 8200. Let me know what you need and I'd be glad to help you if I can or email me directly. Stanley

mtn jake, forgot to mention that I used to have a B6200D (four wheel drive, gear tractor) that had a front end loader and rear mower. When I traded the B6200 for my B1550 hydro I had the dealer remove the loader and install it on the 1550. Virtually the same tractor other than the hydro and sheet metal. Absolutely a wonderful tractor. Made Kubota famous. You're going to love your B5200!!! Good luck.

Thanks to everyone that has posted here. I am beginning to find out a little about my B5200. I suppose that I'll need to purchase an owners manuel. ..........

??....Does it make a difference what year the tractor is in purchasing a manuel???

?? .....Will I be able to use this tractor with a 5' finish mower on the rear?

One that I was considering was rated for a 15-40HP tractor....
Any help on this issue?
Again Thanks for the help.
Greg

/ Kubota B5200 info needed. #7  
mtn_jake,

<font color=blue>Does it make a difference what year the tractor is in purchasing a manue?l</font color=blue>

Normally, no. In fact, many Kubota dealerships will tell you that Kubota doesn't release information that lets you know what the year model is. Some websites claim to de-cipher the serial number for you and tell you the year model. I don't know how accurate they are, but those on this site that have used the information seem to trust it. It may make a difference whether you have the gear drive or hydrostatic transmission model, though.

<font color=blue>Will I be able to use this tractor with a 5' finish mower on the rear?</font color=blue>

I would not recommend it, especially if you have anything other than LEVEL terrain. The PTO hp will be limited but probably adequate for light grass cutting. Your biggest problem will be that the front end (with no front-end loader) will come off the ground easily with the weight of the 5' rear mower. Also, during turns the weight of the mower can push the tractor sideways causing a turn-over hazard if the side-ways sliding rear-end suddendly gets traction. This "sliding" is particularly noticable when the mower wants to travel down a hill and you'd prefer to travel back up the hill. This hazard is minimized when going slow on level ground. These statements are based upon my experience I gained when I tried a 5' rear mower on my B7100 (16hp) gear drive tractor with the idea that I'd use it instead of my 48" mid-mower. I found that I'd have to mow so much slower to be safe with the 5' mower that I could actually complete the mowing job in less time using the 4' mid-mount.

Bottom Line: Refer to your owner's manual recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Kelvin

/ Kubota B5200 info needed. #8  
mtn-jake
Most likely, any manual you get for your B5200 will be OK. It looks like production for both the E (2WD) and the DT (4wd, gear) started in 1983 and ran until around 1988. There is no secret to dating s/n's though, it just tells you when the tractor was sold the first time. On one that old, it may not even be available though. I think a 42" or 48" rear finish mower would be a better choice for that tractor. Hopes this helps.
Lewis