Is this a normal temperature while mowing?

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
While mowing (gator mulching blades) on my bx1860 (loader attached), is this a normal temperature? It was a hot day, maybe 80s.

suDcM.jpg

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #2  
I dont think so..I dont have a BX, but I am betting that the radiator is obstructed. Check it out closely for trash in the fins, or if it has a screen in front check that. That would be my first guess.

James K0UA

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #3  
I have a BX 2350 and that is not normal. Mine never runs that hot, even in 100+ temps. Check the radiator, the fins are probably clogged. I blow mine out regularly with the air compressor.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #4  
Sure not normal for my BX2660.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #5  
I dont think so..I dont have a BX, but I am betting that the radiator is obstructed. Check it out closely for trash in the fins, or if it has a screen in front check that. That would be my first guess.

James K0UA

Do this...

I keep a 2" paint brush (bristles cut down to about 1/2" for stiffness) with me when brush cutting. And I clean the grills off periodically while doing that chore.

BTW, when the engine gets hot...do not shut it down! The block will act as a heat sink. Just disengage the PTO and let it idle at 1200-1500 RPM for a few minutes.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #6  
That is where mine runs. The 60 series gauges seem to run on the high side, my older units run on the low side.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #7  
My BX temp doesn't get that high, even when mowing on a hot day and engine at max rpm. I suggest you check radiator as others have said, also coolant level.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing?
I guess I am going to check my radiator tonight.

/ Is this a normal temperature while mowing? #10