Insurance Extended Warranty ????

/ Extended Warranty ???? #1  

RTJ49

Tractor
Kubota BX 25 & DZ 323
Hi All,
I received my postcard from Kubota informing me that my BX-25 Basic Warranty was about to expire. They said contact a dealer to purchase an Extended Warranty. I called the dealer. He said it would run about $1,200.00 for one year. $1,200.00, :confused2:WOW. They think highly of their warranty.:confused2: Have any out here purchased the extended warranty? What did you pay?

Thanks,

RTJ49
BX-25

/ Extended Warranty ???? #2  
At the top of the Kubota owning/ operating forum is a thread for KTAC. It tells you who to contact about getting/ continuing Kubota insurance. I'm sure you'll find that it'll a lot less than $1200 a year.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #3  
No, I've never bought an extended warranty and don't plan to.
The KTAC insurance isn't an equal alternative to an extended warranty. The insurance is to cover your mistakes or loss due to bad circumstances. KTAC doesn't cover something wearing out with use, I don't think. The extended warranty doesn't cover loss, it covers fixing the mechanical parts that tear up or wear out.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #4  
I don't pay for extended warranties on anything.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #5  
Never, ever.

I've saved so much on extended warranties in my life, I could take my brand new BX2660 to the city dump, and still come out ahead.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #6  
The extended warranty on our 2010 Toyota Sienna would have cost $950 to extend from 3->7 years and from 36,000 miles to 100,000 miles, that's a $25K vehicle. And I didn't buy that because I thought it was expensive. $1200 for one year on a $12K tractor sounds absolutely out of line even if you plan on digging 24x7 for the next year without stopping.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #8  
Cost of the extended warranty for a BX25 for 2 years shouldbe $1,300. This price is not very high when you consider it is a 2 year extended warranty that covers the tractor, loader, and backhoe (the BX24 and BX25 are the only TLBs that you do not have to purchase a serperate warranty on for loader and backhoe). Also, there is no limit on the hours or usage on that product. Heck, a bad cylinder on the backhoe would cost that much to replace. Also, when you consider that the extended warranty does not require a deductible and is administered by Kubota, it sounds a lot better than the other extended warranty's out there on the market. I guess it just depends on whether or not you are an extended warranty kind of person.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #9  
I've received the same card about 2 months ago. I called my dealer and talked to the sales rep that sold me my tractor. He was rather blunt (and honest) about it, saying that to his knowledge the dealership had NEVER sold a extended warranty. I have the Kubota insurance as well, as I financed the tractor on a 4 year plan, so it extends about 2 years past the warranty. The insurance is very good, and basically covers just about every thing that the warranty covers. The only differences that I can see, are that it has a $200 deductible and does not cover normal wear and tear, and abuse. So for my $16K tractor for 4 years, it cost me $750. If your interested in a cheaper substitute then the warranty, look at the Kubota Insurance.

/ Extended Warranty ???? #10  
In general I never insure for any expense that I can easily cover. My house, car and general liability - yes. Repairs on cars and equipment, no.