It is possible to hit the stabilizer...

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #1  

RayCo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Case 580 Super L
On a BX24: Every time I see the sticker on my backhoe stabilizer that says something along the lines of "It is possible to hit the stabilizer with the backhoe boom," I scratch my head. It doesn't seem any more possible to hit a stabilizer with the backhoe than it does with the loader. What's the deal with this warning?

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #2  
On a BX24: Every time I see the sticker on my backhoe stabilizer that says something along the lines of "It is possible to hit the stabilizer with the backhoe boom," I scratch my head. It doesn't seem any more possible to hit a stabilizer with the backhoe than it does with the loader. What's the deal with this warning?

Kubota's fondness of warning stickers. :confused2:
I guess it could happen with a much wider bucket...

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #3  
I haven't tested it, but it doesn't seem possible with the standard 12" bucket.

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #4  
It certainly is possible on a B21 with the 12" bucket.

Have you tried trenching sideways? I try to avoid it when possible but to connect trenches or in tight quarters I do so. I have touched the stabilizers with the bucket teeth.

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #5  
The BX doesn't swing as far as the B21, and the outrigger pads are smaller. The 12" bucket on the BX won't hit, as far as I can tell.

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer...
Perhaps it's just a standard issue sticker on all stabilizers, although I hadn't thought about the possibility with a larger bucket. Considering Kubota only offered a 12" and 8" bucket (I think), my guess is that they weren't thinking that.

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #7  
I have a woods 7.5 and when working 90 degrees to the right or left you can hit the cylinder and more.I cleaned out my greese fittings two tmes before i welded a 2 inch tall section of 1.5 inch pipe around them to protect them .

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #9  
Don't know why not; I have hit most everything else: wife's favorite Dogwood, golf cart, pump house, etc.

/ It is possible to hit the stabilizer... #10  
Don't know why not; I have hit most everything else: wife's favorite Dogwood, golf cart, pump house, etc.

:thumbsup: on all backhoes that I have ran if you try hard enought you can tear anything up including the staliziers. Any yes at one point I did have a bx24 although it was small it could create large problems if I was not careful:D.