Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics!

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #1  

Yandaddy1110

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1110D, John Deere 955
Fully drained, cleaned filter screen, changed hydro filter on a B2400, refilled with proper amount of fresh utf but no hydraulics. Loader wont lift, 3 point wont lift, no hydrostatic. Do I need to bleed? I did remove filter and filled it with hydro fluid and screwed it back on, checked pickup screen again. Never had this problem before.

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #2  
Could you have left a rag in the line when you cleaned the screen? Does the pump sound normal or is it loud like it's starved for fluid?

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics!
Could you have left a rag in the line when you cleaned the screen? Does the pump sound normal or is it loud like it's starved for fluid?

Actually everything sounds good, no excessive noise from fluid starvation. I checked the filter and screen twice , same with fluid level. Ive had various compacts over the years and never had this problem before. I did notice that the filter had no fluid in it when I took it off the second time. Also installed the old filter in case that was the problem.

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #4  
I wonder if some trash (gunk, shavings, etc) got caught up near the pump or somewhere when you drained it?? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Today I pull the diverter box off the top of the pump, everty thing looked fine. Then I pull the rubber suction hose off the pipe and stuck on a hose to a jug of utf. The pump is sucking cause the fluid was going down in the jug. Then I blew in the metal pipe that has the strainer attached. No restrictions.
PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER: No Hydraulics!
I give up , so maybe if i let the tractor run for 20 mins. it will bleed out.
Let it run, still no hydraulics.
Im about ready to call the dealer and ask what could possibly be the problem, maybe they have run into this problem before. I still hadnt checked one thing, the power steering.
That did it, all hydraulics came back to life.

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #6  
Huh? How did checking the PS make the rest of the hydraulics come back to life? :confused:

I dont know for sure, I turn the wheel left and right while the tractor was running to see if I had power steering cause I had nothing else and just when I did that everything came to life. Must of had an air pocket @ the diverter.

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #8  
And I was thinking about RTV shifting issues, "turn the wheeeeeeeelllllsssss".....

glad you got it straight!

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #9  
I just checked the B3030 operators manual under the 300 hour hydro service instructions and it states if three point hitch does not operate after service or extended storage to operate the steering several times to bleed air in the svstem.Knew I'd seen that somewhere.Good refresher information for everyone.

/ Help Just changed Hydro Fluid Now No Hydraulics! #10  
yeiks...now that is one thing that i would have never thought to do....congrads on that fix (my tractor would have probibly had several gunshot wounds by then LOL)