BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #1  

cwilliams2000

So I finally acquired a BX24 this season and I just picked up and installed myself the fine cut mower. Every dealers I called had a different story between the fine cut and regular. The bottom line seemed to be that they both cut well, the fine cut is sold to be provide a better cut, at least thats what they seemed to say. The oddest explanation was that the fine cut mower is for the South only and the std is for the North and he said he knew because he not only worked for a very large Kubota dealer but he was a landscape for 20 yrs before.

Anyways, I was a little nervous about the deck since I just sold my john deere and want to just use one machine for the lot. Anyways, the deck performed so well and of course I am still getting used to the BX which is turning out the be awesome.

What made me laugh a little is that I was thinking that it sure is a real mower deck when they have to load it into your truck with a forklift :)

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #2  
I will take my std cut deck over the more $$ fine cut anydays (250 lbs later).

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo
Thats look terrible!

Just kidding of course, I wish my lawn was that nice! Maybe with my new machine I can reshape the yard this year. I have already started and have been so impressed by the BX

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #4  

The price difference is not very much so why not go with the fine cut.Either deck gives a good cut but the fine cut gives finer clippings which are better for the lawn.I don't believe in removing the clippings as they add nutrients to the soil.I have owned both decks and can say that the fine cut will give just as good,or maybe slightly better,cut.:2cents:

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #5  

I would have preferred fine cut had a left over standard cut at cost not been the only in stock option at my purchasing dealer.

When I looked the fine cut had a taller profile than standard.

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #6  
The price difference is not very much so why not go with the fine cut.Either deck gives a good cut but the fine cut gives finer clippings which are better for the lawn.I don't believe in removing the clippings as they add nutrients to the soil.I have owned both decks and can say that the fine cut will give just as good,or maybe slightly better,cut.:2cents:

Finer clippings is a matter of operation, blade type etc. I do not remove clippings..

I have yet to see a fine cut mower beat a normal deck; aka rpm's the same, blades sharp, health of grass etc..

YMMV..it's all good!

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #7  
According to the Kubota literature and the salesman I bought the deck from the fine cut deck is a deeper deck.This is supposed to create more of a vaccuum effect which suspends the grass longer and allows it to be cut finer.It also has a piece of molded metal that is shaped to the curvature of the blades that the regular cut deck does not have.This also helps to keep the grass closer to the blades where it will be cut finer.From what I can see most of the zero turn mowers have decks designed this way and they are mowing machines for sure.As I have said both decks do a very good job .

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo
What do you guys keep the RPMs at while just doing a typical lawn, it seemed like 2600 for me worked, but was just curious?

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #9  
What do you guys keep the RPMs at while just doing a typical lawn, it seemed like 2600 for me worked, but was just curious?

You will find many different opinions on this, this has been debated many times here. Personally, I keep mine around 3100 rpm's.

/ BX24 with MMM Fine Cut! Whoo hoo #10  

As thavil points out, lots of opinions and even a current thread. We mow at about 3000 as per manual.