BX2360 and lifting logs

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #11  
On my B7610 (23HP) FEL I've two links on top. I run the chain thru those. Then wrap it around the log or stump at the front of the FEL.

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #12  
I just roll the logs into the bucket then place the bucket at the right level so I can roll them out onto the splitter. I have the bucket close enough so when I split the log the first time I let half just roll back into the bucket and finish splitting the other half. I can usually put 3 or 4 logs 16" long into the bucket. Is the BX bucket too small to do this?

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #13  
Sounds like a good technique Al, BX bucket is only 48" so depends on how long your pieces are. 3 at most. Now I have to get the splitter to try it.

/ BX2360 and lifting logs
Kubota BX2360 arrived Wednesday. I played for a couple days before getting down to some serious work over the weekend. On Saturday I picked up some firewood from a homeowner with a downed locust tree. I had no idea how much was going to be on site until I got there, but I brought the neighbor's dump trailer with me just in case. There had to be at least 5, maybe 6 cords, the only catch was the homeowner wanted all of it, especially the big pieces, removed. Some of the pieces were almost 3' in diameter, so after taking the first load by hand, I came back for the second load armed with the kubota. The BX exceeded all my expectations - the bucket handled everything flawlessly, didn't stumble once, even the biggest pieces were no problem, no chains or tongs necessary. I had originally thought the bucket was on the small side for loads like this, but it was the perfect size for the job. What an impressive machine. Awesome. If anybody is on the fence about buying one of these, just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• 100_2774.jpg
    100_2774.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 382
  • 100_2771.jpg
    100_2771.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_2768.jpg
    100_2768.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 432
   / BX2360 and lifting logs #15  
Why not dig a shallow hole and line it with blocks. Put the splitter in the hole with the tractor and simply roll the big ones onto the splitter beam that is now at ground level.

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #16  
Kubota BX2360 arrived Wednesday. I played for a couple days before getting down to some serious work over the weekend. On Saturday I picked up some firewood from a homeowner with a downed locust tree. I had no idea how much was going to be on site until I got there, but I brought the neighbor's dump trailer with me just in case. There had to be at least 5, maybe 6 cords, the only catch was the homeowner wanted all of it, especially the big pieces, removed. Some of the pieces were almost 3' in diameter, so after taking the first load by hand, I came back for the second load armed with the kubota. The BX exceeded all my expectations - the bucket handled everything flawlessly, didn't stumble once, even the biggest pieces were no problem, no chains or tongs necessary. I had originally thought the bucket was on the small side for loads like this, but it was the perfect size for the job. What an impressive machine. Awesome. If anybody is on the fence about buying one of these, just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Great pics thanks for sharing!! Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2360 54mmm & fel , are you happy with the turfs?

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #17  
Long time ago that was one on the first things I tried on the FEL. Logging tongs were the most practical lifting device from a chain hooked to a shackle welded on the top center of the bucket.

That proved to be too time intensive. Then we used the FEL to roll up the rounds an improvised ramp. That was more productive and easier on the machine than FEL lifting.

When I started working alone more often I just started noodling the over-sized rounds to a more manageable size.

You're gonna love working with your FEL

/ BX2360 and lifting logs
Haven't done a ton of work but we do have a couple short steep slopes in the yard and the turfs do fine with it...you'll love this tractor as a mower, it doesn't even know the grass is there. Yesterday I used the FEL and rear blade to knock down a raised garden bed on the side of the garage so I can stack some more firewood. The turfs spun a couple times, all I did was put it in 4wd and no problems. We'll see when the snow flies, but the general consensus on here seems to be that unless you're doing heavier stuff the turfs, with proper ballast, will do just fine.

Attachments

• 100_2783.jpg
    100_2783.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 287
   / BX2360 and lifting logs #19  
Turfs work great in the snow, soft dirt, and on wet grass, where they are really lousy is in the wet mud. They get coated with mud and offer very poor tractrion, but that may be the case with any tire.

/ BX2360 and lifting logs #20  
I got to move quite a few 12' pine logs last year with my B7500. The bucket has 2 hooks on the top. I ran a strap from each hook, under the log and back over the log to the hook again. Curling and lifting the biggest logs was all this little tractor could do. But for smaller firewood logs it would be easy.

IMG_0023.jpg