New Bx2660 warranty help

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #1  

orangebx2660

Tractor
Kubota Bx2660
New member here with a little problem...I recently purchased a new Kubota bx2660 April 8th, 2011 with 60"mmm, FEL and box blade. I've mowed a total of 3 times and after inspecting radiator screen after last mow I discovered it was corroded and rusted. After further inspection it appearers as if the battery was leaking and had done so onto frame, floorboard, battery mount, radiator and radiator mounts which are all corroded and rusting. I returned to dealer this past Monday and just received a call today that Kubota has authorized part replacement of radiator, mounts and several other parts. The dealer advised they have a acid neutralizer to prep frame and other parts covered with acid before repainting. My concern is that in 3+ years after warranty coverage is gone, the rust will return and my new tractor will become junk.

So into my question, has anyone had any dealing with Kubota corporate customer service and possibly have contact numbers. My dealer is saying Kubota only authorized replacement of parts and they are not authorized to replace tractor. I'm new to the tractor world but for the $ spent I am unhappy with the amount of parts and the 3 weeks without a tractor. Thank You in advance for any advice you have

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #2  
It sounds like they are trying to make right. If they do a good job of cleaning it up before they paint it, I think it would be O.K. I'm not sure they will or should give you a new tractor after something like this.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #3  
It sounds like they are trying to make right. If they do a good job of cleaning it up before they paint it, I think it would be O.K. I'm not sure they will or should give you a new tractor after something like this.
Ditto.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help
I should have mentioned dealership are good people and going above kubota. Radiator screen was rusted and corroded, kubota said paint. Dealership is replacing on their dime. I am not demanding a new tractor just asking current owners if they would be satisfied with repair of brand new machine or if a replacement would be too much, like I said I'm new to the tractor world. Just wondering if I shoulda picked green instead of orange.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #5  
The same thing could have happened to a Green, Red or Blue tractor, let them repair it an see what kind of work the do. Sounds like you have a good dealer.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #6  
New member here with a little problem...I recently purchased a new Kubota bx2660 April 8th, 2011 with 60"mmm, FEL and box blade. I've mowed a total of 3 times and after inspecting radiator screen after last mow I discovered it was corroded and rusted. After further inspection it appearers as if the battery was leaking and had done so onto frame, floorboard, battery mount, radiator and radiator mounts which are all corroded and rusting. I returned to dealer this past Monday and just received a call today that Kubota has authorized part replacement of radiator, mounts and several other parts. The dealer advised they have a acid neutralizer to prep frame and other parts covered with acid before repainting. My concern is that in 3+ years after warranty coverage is gone, the rust will return and my new tractor will become junk.

So into my question, has anyone had any dealing with Kubota corporate customer service and possibly have contact numbers. My dealer is saying Kubota only authorized replacement of parts and they are not authorized to replace tractor. I'm new to the tractor world but for the $ spent I am unhappy with the amount of parts and the 3 weeks without a tractor. Thank You in advance for any advice you have
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a right to be concerned and in my opinion the tractor should have never been sold in that condition.

To make it right Kubota should strip all paint in those areas effected and re do as if it was a million dollar car restore and not just apply some phosphoric acid neutralizer and paint.

Kubota needs to pay for putting in the cheapest battery they could contract for.

Everyone has an opinion and that's mine.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #7  
Maybe discuss your concerns about damage which developes later with your dealer and request a warrenty beyond the normal two years specific to the battery failure from him and/or Kubota.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #8  
Maybe discuss your concerns about damage which developes later with your dealer and request a warrenty beyond the normal two years specific to the battery failure from him and/or Kubota.
I can appreciate your disappointment. It looks like documenting the problem with your dealer and requesting the extension of warranty might take care of the problem. When new, my BX2660 was overfilled with hydraulic fluid which seeped out all over the battery and undercarriage. But that was just a messy clean up job that I did myself.

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #9  
I should have mentioned dealership are good people and going above kubota. Radiator screen was rusted and corroded, kubota said paint. Dealership is replacing on their dime. I am not demanding a new tractor just asking current owners if they would be satisfied with repair of brand new machine or if a replacement would be too much, like I said I'm new to the tractor world. Just wondering if I shoulda picked green instead of orange.

I went orange then green and back to orange, green was the only one with problems, it can happen to any of them.

I believe they are trying to make it right and although a replacement would be nice, I can't see expecting your dealer to take a hit like that.

This is just another reminder for all of us to thoroughly check over anything we buy new or used.

Good luck

/ New Bx2660 warranty help #10  
If the surface is properly prepped I wouldn't worry about the rust coming back. From your description it sounds like they are planning on doing a quality job and not just wiping it down and repainting. If it is going to come back I think with would be by the end of summer, not in three years.

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA