L3200/L3800

/ L3200/L3800 #1  

redsox1

Silver Member
Tractor
L3800 HST
Am about to take delivery of new L3800. I know this is a new model and haven't seen many posts about it yet. Any owners out there care to enlighten me about what to expect (good and bad).

/ L3200/L3800 #2  
Really like my 3800. Expect it to do more than you thought.

Great power, hydraulics and fuel economy.

Don't particularly like the high pitched whine of the tranny, but that's my only complaint.

/ L3200/L3800 #3  
I'd expect mostly good, since it's an 'evolution' of an existing, reliable tractor...... versus a 'revolution', all new off the drawing board. The only real complaint I ever see on the Ls is the twitchy three point hitch when lifting a heavy implement. Some have had an issue, most haven't. All in all, I'd expect it to be a great bang-fo-the-buck tractor. :thumbsup:

Post us some pictures when it arrives. :D

/ L3200/L3800
Will update w/ pics on arrival, hopefully within the week. Come on owners, there has to be a bunch of you out there lurking, how about some feedback!

/ L3200/L3800 #5  
Search for L2800/L3400 and even the L3700.

Those are the older models of the 3200/3800. There werent too many changes. The newer ones are a little more sleeker in the cosmetic department, like the more rounded hood and all. But sitll the same basic tractors, with a little tweak to get some more HP.

/ L3200/L3800 #6  
So far I have been very happy with my new L3800.
I have 55 hours in two weeks and have attacked many of my home projects/tasks.

I did sink it in mud and was unable to remove it in 4wd with the differential lock. Had to get the Dodge Ram V10 4WD to assist.

A puncture and leak on the front left tire resulted in the tire coming off the rim. A no cost fix (reseat and plug) put me back in service.

One stick pile poked the Fuel Filter Housing and broke the nipple.
Fixed and back in service.

I have 3/8 chain on the drawbar's grabhook for dragging stumps to a remote spot on the acreage, In softer soil, I spin the tires, even in 4wd and DiffyLock.

No complaints here. I have asked a lot of it and it has responded. If it keeps pace, I will continue to be happy.

/ L3200/L3800 #7  
JUST TOOK DELIVER OF MY L3800 HST WITH LOADER, HOG AND BOX BLADE FOR MY 40 ACRES. TOOK IT OUT YESTERDAY....LOVE IT MAN :thumbsup:

LOADING ON THE TRAILER WITH THE FRONT END LOAD AND NO RAMPS IS THE TICKET. ON/OFF AND BOOMED DOWN IN 2 MINUTES

GONNA GET MY FOOD PLOT END THIS WEEK.

/ L3200/L3800 #8  
Am about to take delivery of new L3800. I know this is a new model and haven't seen many posts about it yet. Any owners out there care to enlighten me about what to expect (good and bad).

hey me to am about to take ownership of the 3800 and have never owned a tractor before. let me know what u find out, also am getting a loader and a Bh77 hoe with it. am also querious! jeffro

/ L3200/L3800 #9  
hey me to am about to take ownership of the 3800 and have never owned a tractor before. let me know what u find out, also am getting a loader and a Bh77 hoe with it. am also querious! jeffro

this is not a hst.

/ L3200/L3800 #10  
So far I have been very happy with my new L3800.
I have 55 hours in two weeks and have attacked many of my home projects/tasks.

I did sink it in mud and was unable to remove it in 4wd with the differential lock. Had to get the Dodge Ram V10 4WD to assist.

A puncture and leak on the front left tire resulted in the tire coming off the rim. A no cost fix (reseat and plug) put me back in service.

One stick pile poked the Fuel Filter Housing and broke the nipple.
Fixed and back in service.

I have 3/8 chain on the drawbar's grabhook for dragging stumps to a remote spot on the acreage, In softer soil, I spin the tires, even in 4wd and DiffyLock.

No complaints here. I have asked a lot of it and it has responded. If it keeps pace, I will continue to be happy.

Are your tires loaded? and also about 750 lbs ballast box or implement on the back when pulling those stumps? I pull trees a lot from the fixed drawbar, and I dont do a lot of spinning, and I have some really steep areas on the way to the tree graveyard. I have both of those aforementioned things.

James K0UA