Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :)

/ Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :) #1  

cwilliams2000

Ok so maybe I am ahead but I love the machine and it has only had its 50 hr service done and it is reach 4 years old. I ended up doing the coolant, oil, transaxle, both fuel filters, air cleaner. I am going to do the drive axle fluid today and then double check the HST spring and belt tension. Most of the items I thought were fairly easy to do, the second fuel filter under the main deck was a pain since I have the MMM but everything else was pretty straightforward. I am surprised at the volume of fluid the tractor has, 3qts oil, 3 gallons UDT, 5 qts drive axle. Looks like I have a lot of oil to recycle!

/ Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :)
Sorry yes it was Super UDT

/ Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :) #4  
the hour meter is telling me it's time to do the fluid changes on by BX, I have a question, what did you use to clamp the fuel lines when you changed the 2 fuel filters? Just wondering, I'm not big on getting fuel all over me or the tractor.
I've got all the filters and fluid.

Thanks

I too hate getting fuel on me and everywhere else. Two good tips, buy fuel clamp pliers, there are cheap ones at AutoZone for like $10 ea or buy a nice pair from Craftsman which clamps a bit better and clamp on either side of the line.

Don't go crazy and clamp to close to the filter or you may break the neck of the filter.

BUT: When you remove the filter it will still spill what is has inside and whatever is in the little bit of line before the clamps. Have a little container ready and undo one side and let the fuel go into the container.

Take extra care to make sure that the filter is going in the right direction, arrow pointing towards the injection pump, or basically exactly the same way that you removed it.

I was determined to not remove my MMM and do the fuel filter since I was successful with the dreaded coolant drain plug, but no dice and removing the mower added just about 15 minutes of work and did make it possible.

/ Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :) #7  
the hour meter is telling me it's time to do the fluid changes on by BX, I have a question, what did you use to clamp the fuel lines when you changed the 2 fuel filters? Just wondering, I'm not big on getting fuel all over me or the tractor.
I've got all the filters and fluid.

Thanks

The below picture shows what I use to clamp the fuel lines. $21 at Sears.

Attachments

• egle3562.jpg
    egle3562.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 210
   / Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :) #8  
Thanks, that answered my question! Also, the reminder on the fuel filter direction.

John

Its definitely worth changing both filter, doesnt take long and costs $13 for the pair. I really depend on my machine for all year use so its good insurance.

/ Just finished 300hr service @ 150hr :) #10  
I find it annoying that so many plastic-cased fuel filters are opaque.
I got clear ones from my Dealer last month. It's useful to see the
particle accumulation ( if any ) , and I wonder if just the one filter
from the tank isn't enough for a change , rather than also
the secondary after the sender pump.
What condition was the old SUDT factory fill oil like ?