BX Tail Light Vulnerability

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #1  

Haywire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless :(
I have raked the tail light lenses off 3 or 4 times cutting close around shrubs. Anyone make a bolt on guard for them? 2"x 1/8" flat stock formed to the outside shape of the light would be just the ticket. It would wrap around and bolt onto the existing light bracket.

Ian

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #3  
I cinch a long tie wrap around the center section so they don't wipe off and get lost or run over. So far so good.

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #4  
Nope. We just let the whole lights break off and tied the wires. The tractor is much more sleek without them. Not needed in the 1st place.
larry

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #5  
Busted lenses 3 times.

First time, slipped while getting off my BX, fell against the light & broke the lense.
Second time, backed into something and broke the lense.
Third time, too close to something and broke the lense.

Injuries sustained - 1, just a minor scrape.
Total costs - approximately $30 taxes included.
Time wasted in travelling to the dealer to get a new lense - priceless. :D

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #6  
same here. busted right side, replaced. busted left side, havent replaced. It really needs some sort of a guard.

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #7  
Mine from getting too close to fence. Second time...haven't replaced latest yet. Thinking about some kind of guard, but concerned that would just move force to fender. Rather break light than fender...:eek:

/ BX Tail Light Vulnerability #8  
Buy your replacement lights at TSC, their price is VERY fair, well under $5 as I recall for the lenses - exact same part I might add.