BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #1  

DOC4444

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22
I have a York rake attached to the rear and would like to be able to use the belly mower without removing the York rake. I have been able to hold the York rake up using ratchet straps, but the mower is on the same hydraulic circuit. So, the mower will not drop if the York rake is held up. Is there a way to disconnect the hydraulics to the three point hitch without causing any problems?

Thanks,

DOC

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #2  
you can't disconnect hydraulic per se, but not sure on your model, but the BX24 and up have those gray ears sticking out in back you can switch the lift arms to the ears to lock it in. Do you have gray loops in the back of the BX22?

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #3  
I suggest you remove the york rake. Why mow with that big ol rake hanging off he rear end of you tractor?...doen't make sense to me, and not all that difficult to remove and remount. I also have a BX22, mmm and a york rake.

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics
Thanks for your reply. The problem is not holding the York rake up off the ground. The problem is being able to get the mower deck to drop with the York rake held up by straps.

I tried disconnecting the hydraulic hose at the rear under the seat, but that disables most everything.

Thanks,

DOC

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #5  
As I recall, the lift arms and the arm that lifts the deck are on the same circuit. If you switch the rods that go from the lift arms to hook onto the grey loops just to the outside, it will hold your rake up.

Edit: Look at page 206 of the "BX2200d (2 meg).pdf" manual on http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Parts Manuals/
That will show you how the upper (lift) arms are connected to the deck lift mechanism and why they have to be able to move if you want the deck to lower.

Aaron Z

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #6  
So you don't have the fixed mounting holes for the vertical 3PH lift rods? If you do, you simply unhook the lift rods from the upper 3PH arms and pin them to the fixed mounts.

Here's a pic of my old BX1860. You can see the left mounting hole just above and to the left of the left-side upper 3PH arm. If you don't have them, it looks like you might be able to order the brackets for a newer version BX and bolt them to your frame, assuming your frame is similar to the newer BXs.

Attachments

• BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 001.JPG
    BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 001.JPG
    771.1 KB · Views: 336
   / BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #7  
Thanks for your reply. The problem is not holding the York rake up off the ground. The problem is being able to get the mower deck to drop with the York rake held up by straps.

I tried disconnecting the hydraulic hose at the rear under the seat, but that disables most everything.

Thanks,

DOC

Why do you want to use straps to hold rake up when dropping the MMM? that is what the ears for...

really when I read your statement abov, I am bit confused- you want to drop the MMM but hold up the york rake? you apparantly seem to have problems holding it up as there is NO downpressure but the weight of the rake making the rachet straps stretch so much it looks like there is a downpressure on 3 pt. I can assure you there is no hydraulic down pressure on the BX 3pt.

Look- either use the ears and lock it up without the straps or take it off for safteys sake. kinda harsh to say but its the best way ....

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics
I worked it out by removing the pins from the down links where they attach to the hydraulic arms and holding the rake up with ratchet straps.

Thanks again for all the help.

DOC

/ BX-22: Partial Disconnection of Hydraulics #9  
I think that practice is dangerous. You never answered our questions about having loops (ears) in back of BX22.
Why did you HAVE to remove the pins ? You have no down pressure on 3pt, unless you have a kit installed on it which I doubt.
try this- with tractor off,lower 3 pt. lift the 3 pt with your hands. You should be able to lift it with no restriction, just weight of metal of 3pt.