3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
Paul,
Thanks for posting the pics and details of where you mounted the valve. I am ordering that same 4 spool wolverine valve from Surplus as well. I'm not really sure where to mount it yet and I never thought of mounting it where you did. How do you like it now that it's been on there a few weeks? Is it easy to control the top n tilt while looking back at the implement? I may end up mounting it in the same spot on my L4610. I was also thinking of mounting it on the right side fender somehow or attaching some angle iron to span the ROPS in the back and attach it to there. Any other suggestions or opinions on that?

Also, if you could mount it in the back near the top n tilt in an out of the way location, can you just directly plum the hydraulic lines into the valve? Rather than using the rear bracket setup like you have (although I realize this wouldn't look factory by any means)

Thanks again and great job on the fabrication. :thumbsup:

Originally that was my thought, to mount the spool valve near the fender and have the QC's directly on the spool valve. After mocking it up it looked too cluttered for my taste. Once you start adding fittings and hoses to the spool it gets pretty big. You may have more real estate between the fender and the seat or on top of the fender on your L4610.
My biggest hurdle was clearance for the backhoe conflicting with spool placement and QC location.
One thing I do like about my spool valve mounting location above the FEL control is when i build or buy my front grapple it can QC right out of the spool valve.

Rankin makes a mount kit that is basically a piece of tube steel that u-bolts to the ROPS and extends towards the operators seat and the spool valve mounts to that.

Rankin Top & Tilt Kits

I'm embarrassed I haven't had any seat time since the install.
Thank the Good Lord we are very busy at work 6/7 days a week some nights too.
I can't tell you if it'll be a pain to operate the TnT with the controls up front instead of next to the seat....the controls do feel right where I have them mounted.

All of my 3pt attachments are up at the mountain property. The only 3pt that I have at the beach residence is the Harbor Freight quick hitch.

Where are you ordering your TnT cylinders from?

I got mine from Fit Rite. Brian was great to work with.

I assume that you already have a FEL?
If so of course you'll have to run two lines from the new four port spool valve to the FEL valve.

You may be able to mount your rear remote QC's to the rear fender cross piece.

Post some photos of the rear of your tractor.

Once you have the valve mock up the location and just think it through.

PM me if you need any advice on what fittings will work. A one piece SAE 90* won't thread into the spool valve....at least not two side by side.

Make your life easier and order a set of hydraulic wrenches. I got a 14 piece set 3/8"- 1-1/4" off of Ebay for $65.00 shipped. Well worth it for wrenching in tight quarters.

Attachments

• rankintopandtiltbrackets.jpg
    rankintopandtiltbrackets.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 426
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #22  
You're right about the L3800/L3400 being cramped for space to install the valve. I used a single monobloc valve from Prince and ended up installing it on the loader support under the loader joystick. I take it Kubota still doesn't offer a factory remote kit for the L series??

Sean

Attachments

• DSC00613.jpg
    DSC00613.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 729
  • DSC00577.jpg
    DSC00577.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 645
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #23  
how much did all that cost you?

i must be nice to be able to adjust your box scraper when ever you want to with out stopping

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #24  
Where are you ordering your TnT cylinders from?
I got mine from Fit Rite. Brian was great to work with.

I am going to order through Brian as well. I emailed him Friday night and had a reply by Sat morning. I was going to order through CCM but I guess since it's 'hay season' they don't have time for me (they're exact words)
He seemed very helpful though and has walked me through the process so far.
I wasn't certain I wanted to go without the DPOCV cylinders but I'm not as worried anymore. Speaking of that, do I need to order the detent kit for my valve if I want to use the float feature on the TnT? I know you can use float on those valves but don't know how.

I assume that you already have a FEL?
Yes I do, an LA842 I believe. I plumbed in a WR Long solenoid kit for their grapple I bought. Which just as a side note, is the single best purchase I've ever made :thumbsup:

You may be able to mount your rear remote QC's to the rear fender cross piece.
I originally liked the idea of not going with the rear remotes and just plumbing in straight to the valve, mostly because I was getting confused with all the remotes and extra hoses and fittings, and just figured it would be easier, but after reading some more I think I'll be able to figure it out. Any good sources of where to get the rear remote hookups, fittings, and brackets? I will probably build a bracket to attach to the ROPS and put the remotes on similar to you have.

Post some photos of the rear of your tractor.
Approved as requested.... :D

Once you have the valve mock up the location and just think it through.
I'm gonna take your advice and Brian said the same thing, as well as many others on here. I'll get the valve first and figure out where I want it mounted, then plumb it all in, then order the TnT kit.
I'm honestly a bit intimidated by the project but I only because I've never put fittings together or done any hydraulic type work, except the WR Long kit which was ridiculously simple to hook up.

PM me if you need any advice on what fittings will work. A one piece SAE 90* won't thread into the spool valve....at least not two side by side.
Thank you, I'll probably take you up on this. Fittings confuse the heck out of me! I'm also really confused on how to plumb a short section of hose from the valve, to the rear remote, into a quick disconnect, and mount it somewhere. Do I assemble the hose assembly and fittings, or do they come assembled?

Make your life easier and order a set of hydraulic wrenches. I got a 14 piece set 3/8"- 1-1/4" off of Ebay for $65.00 shipped. Well worth it for wrenching in tight quarters
Anything to make the job easier! :thumbsup:

I couldn't find a pic of the back of the tractor though, I'll keep looking...

Attachments

• Tractor-010-M.jpg
    Tractor-010-M.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Tractor-012-M.jpg
    Tractor-012-M.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 396
  • Tractor-015-M.jpg
    Tractor-015-M.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 251
  • Tractor-014-M.jpg
    Tractor-014-M.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 311
  • Tractor-005-M.jpg
    Tractor-005-M.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Tractor-001-M.jpg
    Tractor-001-M.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Tractor-007-M.jpg
    Tractor-007-M.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 433
  • Tractor-011-M.jpg
    Tractor-011-M.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 386
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #25  
This is really all I can find for the back of the tractor....

Attachments

• Tractor4.jpg
    Tractor4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 395
This is really all I can find for the back of the tractor....

Piston

Looks like you have enough space on the rear fender cross member to mount the rear remote QC's.

I ordered all of my hoses and the quick connect fittings from Surplus Center.
The hoses come with the fittings installed already. I used all 3/8" JIC female hose ends.
Make sure you order 1/2" quick connects.

Brian at Fit Rite offers the TnT hose kits and they're a good value.

I ordered all of my fittings and nylon hose protection covering from Discount Hydraulic Hose. Best prices and cheap shipping.

You asked about the float on one of the valves, if I'm not mistaken the float is more than adding detents, the valve needs to be float specific. The prince wolverine monoblock valves don't offer float if I understand correctly.
If you want a float section you need to use a stack valve. Call Surplus center and pick their brains about the valves.

How many GPM does your hydraulic pump put out?
Your valve should rated slightly higher than your hydraulic pump output.

Do you have a welder?
If so you can build the valve mount that u-bolts to the ROPS yourself.

One thing to visualize is on that four spool valve you'll have ten hydraulic lines coming off of it.

What were you going to use the other two valves for??
Are you going to add cylinders to your rake and rear blade?

how much did all that cost you?

i must be nice to be able to adjust your box scraper when ever you want to with out stopping

I spent $1500.00.....Four Spool valve, hoses, hose protection, Quick connects, hydraulic, fittings, TnT cylinders, Nuts & bolts, U-bolts, Paint.

I ended up with quite a few extra fittings, hose protection, and a lot of other miscellaneous parts. All parts I'll use in the future.