3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
Piston
This is the fitting I used to "T" my return from the new spool valve back to the loader valve.
Don't worry about the "confusing" questions that's how we all learn.

I found that Surplus center has such good prices on hose assemblies (all with JIC females) that the additional cost of the JIC to ORB adapters the hoses were still cheaper than the Hydro shop. As hard as we may try to order everything just right there is always some fitting we missed. I ended up with a fairly large selection of extra fittings, hose protection, and other parts. I'll eventually use them on other projects.

If you were closer to me I'd give you a hand.
I know you're in a hurry to clear those property lines.....just take your time with the build double check and make sure everything's tight. I gets messy once you have fluid in the hoses and have to reconfigure something.
Don't for get to lube the SAE/ORB O'rings with hydro fluid before assembly.
Even the JIC fittings require a few drops of hydro fluid to provide lube while torquing them.
Did you order a set of Hydro wrenches? I'd been SOL without my set.

DON"T FORGET PICTURES AND A WRITE UP when you're done.

Attachments

• JIC T.jpg
    JIC T.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 263
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #42  
Thanks Paul!
I ordered that exact same fitting! I also found the same thing about the hoses from surplus center and purchasing additional fittings. I did not know to add a drop of hydraulic fluid to the threads so thanks for pointing that out. Have you had any leaks in your system? I will triple check to make sure all my fittings are tight before I fire it up.
I also have some leftover items so far from my first order. I just sent in my order yesterday for both DHH and surplus center. I ordered extra hoses from surplus center in different lengths to make sure I have the one that fits best, I will return the hoses I don't use. I checked with DHH this morning about shipping and they already shipped my package, I checked with surplus center and they said it will be 2-4 days before they even process my order!
I am happy with the items I've purchased from surplus center in the past but they really are behind with processing the orders. That's my only complaint with them, if you need something fast then I'd stay away from surplus center.

Did you have to 'bleed out' your lines when you first connected them or does the system self bleed?

I haven't ordered a set of wrenches. I looked into them but I'm embarrassed to say that I really don't know what hydraulic wrenches are? How are they different from regular wrenches?

Piston
the only leak I had was my return fitting that I had forgotten to tighten with a wrench. Just make sure you don't gorilla torque the fittings. they just need to be tight.
On a different subject I ordered some weld on chain hooks from Tulsa chain, by far the cheapest place to buy them. I should be able to get them welded on this week end.
Have you fabricated your spool valve mount?
Don't forget to post some pictures.

Piston
No need to bleed the system, it'll bleed itself as you use it. Just be gentle at first until the system fills.

Hydraulic wrenches are thinner to fit in tighter places and have offsets of 30 and 60 degrees so you can tighten where a normal wrench won't. I couldn't have tightened many of my fittings without them.

Here's where I bought mine
V-8 Tools Wrench Set Combo 14Pc Angle 3/8-1-1/4 | Wayfair

Attachments

• Hydro wrenches.jpg
    Hydro wrenches.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 158
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #45  
I posted a few pics in post 48 here.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/192676-adding-3rd-function-valve-top-2.html

However, I've changed up my game plan a little bit :D so I'm going to post new pics and start a new thread after I get it all together. I made a bracket for the rear remotes a couple of weeks ago but had a dead battery in the camera and didn't take any pics, however I still need to make another one so I'll be sure to get some pics of it next round.

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #46  
Paul,, where did you pull hydraulic power from?,,,can you post a pic?

Thanks

I wanted to do this on my B series 2920, and the dealer says they don't make the parts?..

Paul,, where did you pull hydraulic power from?,,,can you post a pic?

Thanks

I wanted to do this on my B series 2920, and the dealer says they don't make the parts?..

Do you have a loader installed?

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #48  
Paul,
Thanks for the explanation on the wrenches. I'm going to pick some up, I don't know if I'll get a whole set or not because I only have two different size fittings that I know of, so I may just get those sizes.

Paul,
Thanks for the explanation on the wrenches. I'm going to pick some up, I don't know if I'll get a whole set or not because I only have two different size fittings that I know of, so I may just get those sizes.

I was just going to buy the wrench sizes I needed until I found that set for $50
to buy two brand name wrenches it cost almost that much.

Thanks for letting me know about your build thread. I've subscribed to it.

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #50  
Your right, I just checked on some prices for individual wrenches. I guess I'll go with the same set you bought.
Did they work fine? I know you get what you pay for when it comes to tools, but if they worked fine then that's all I'll need. I don't know if you know this or not but I don't exactly do a whole lot of hydraulic work :laughing: