3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
Hey Paul, I've got an L3800 with FEL that I am planning on putting a TNT on and probably add a valve for PB too - post hole digger, etc.

I was wondering how you've liked living with the placement of your valves after this time?
Do you find it ok to work the TNT while looking back at the implement and reaching up to the valves?
Do you wish you'd have put them somewhere else?
Is there anything you'd change or do differently looking back?

Also, do you think one could get a more stealthy install by using two 2-way valves instead of the larger 4-way?

I am putting 3" wheel spacers on today and have about half a mind to widen the fenders out to match the new tire track at some point. If I end up doing that, I'd have more room between the seat and RH fender to put something down in there. Ideally, I'd like the sticks to be in the area of the PTO lever (on inside of the RH fender) so they'd be right there while sitting sideways in the seat, looking back at the implement working and adjusting the TNT.

They are working well in that location. When I look back I twist to the right so the rear remote levers are right there.
Plus the grapple control is on the same spool.
Most of the time I'm not adjusting on the fly, I'll set the pitch and angle before I start my pass.
The best bet would be a loader type valve for the T&T next to the positioning lever.
Perhaps solenoid valves with a mini electric joystick. That way the valves could go anywhere under the seat area. The joystick would not take up very much real estate.

Like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Position-...278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a13d9b55e

I've been behaving myself so I'm upgrading to a L4240 with 3 factory rear remotes, 2 with float.
I'll be adding a true third function for the grapple.
I'm using a John Deere loader joy stick to switch the third function solenoid valve.

Brian at Fit Rite has some photos of some stacked solenoid valves that he set up for a customer.
You may want to contact him for some ideas an parts.

Last edited: